East Side Diving - Bonaire (plus a north side question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Park dives-2 tank-Habitat.

I got an email today from Roger at Capt Don's Habitat. They now charge a surcharge of $100. each for the park trip and do it on varying days he said. Sooooo, we're out!!

I did several dives in the park with Bruce Bowker's boats some years ago--very nice dives and would certainly repeat the experience as part of a dive package. We have a dive package booked for April---won't be spending an extra hunert to go north though..................

If you want to do a nice park trip try gooodive.com Menno's doesn't take 26 people like some other operators do I think a max of 10 people, and he really goes to dive sites in the park instead of doing taylormade or dive Karpata.... His boat is really nice and even has a hot shower...!!!

Any idea "Ball park" what they charge for east coast? I saw rates but looks like they were for west coast dives. I want to see if it's even in the realm of possibility... !

Of course, everyone's dive is unique but we were disappointed our our East Coast Diving when we went with them last March. We are considering a guided east coast tour our next trip. These guides have been highly recommended in prior posts but I can not speak for personal experience with them.

Dive like a VIP
BAS Diving

---------- Post added January 30th, 2013 at 07:12 PM ----------

This is a copy of an email from Buddy Dive that I received Jan 8th in response to a query on their 3 tank trip:

Thank you for your email.

For the 3 tank boat dive safari you don’t need to pre-book this. You can arrange this on the property it self’s because this is going on availability and it’s depending on the weather as well.

If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Sunny Greetings,

Niz-Marie Helena
Buddy Dive Resort Sales Agent
Phone: 1-866-GO-BUDDY

Any idea "Ball park" what they charge for east coast? I saw rates but looks like they were for west coast dives. I want to see if it's even in the realm of possibility... !

50 dollars per diver, for each guided shore dive. You bring your own tanks.

Great trip report, Jepuskar. Like you said, no surprise. He is a the best guide on the east side. And unlike others, who just offer Cai and maybe Baby Beach, BAS Diving does a lot of dive sites nobody else offers. Boka Onima, Boka Spelonk, Playa Grandi, Black Rock, Boka Washikemba. And those are the more commonly known sites. His website www.basdiving.com lists even more obscure sites like Smurf City, Ireland, Devil's Mouth, Big Sponge to name a few. Also his Lac Cai night dive is not offered by anyone else and is absolutely jaw dropping, jam packed with all sorts of weird and rare stuff.
He works on a stricktly private basis. So no grouping. Dives as long as your air supply will last. Lots of experience, great accurate briefings, knows all the fish and critters and writes it all on a slate for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom