East Timor: Oct. 15-16 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
I'm sure Nick will pop in soon and say for sure, but I don't believe he has a macro lense. He uses the super macro option of his 8080.

wow in that case i wish i had those features:)

Thanks all. Lisa is right. I am using the 8080 without additional lenses. The supermacro feature is great for getting up close and in order to use the internal flash in supermacro you have to be in manual, and I believe, aperature or shutter priority modes.

Very nice pics. Love the Nudis and the shrimp.

Love the shrimp with eggs!

That supermacro is awesome. On the Canon's you will need to get the add-on (Inon etc) lens to get more out of your macro. External strobes are also extremely helpful as you will most likely get a shadow in the corner with the internal.

Not sure on the Canon you have, but on the Oly to get the internal to fire in supermacro you need to set the internal to slave mode...that forces it to fire. YOu can control the amount of light in increments 1 to 10, I believe.

Ah..if only the 7070 can fire off its strobe on supermacro. Oh well, looks like I have to make do with 2 UCL165s.. :)

hi nick, thanks for sharing...awesome macro shots with great details...

jovin-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom