Eastern Oklahoma Scuba is OK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BBP:
Hey Teresa. I grew up down in Poteau, just a few miles from where you live. The key to the viz at Tenkiller is to get down below the thermocline (wear a wetsuit and take a flashlight). You'll find plenty of good viz there.

And try Beaver Lake some time. Good viz there pretty much all around.

BKB[/QUOTE

I've dove there a few times, found a old bottle from the town below. I haven't been to Beaver yet, hope to this summer.
How long have you been gone from the area? You are a long way from home.

You rock girl, you're already on page three in the intro forum.

Teresa, I finished high school in '72, left in '73 and haven't lived there since. I do visit often as my family is there. I grew up at the foot of Sugarloaf Mountain in a little town called Gilmore. That's just a hop and a skip from Pocola, the land of the speed trap.

Happy Diving! and it's good to meet someone else from a really pretty place on the planet.

BKB

Hi Teressa... I just did my OW at Tenkiller bout two weeks ago and the vis was about 10' at the scuba park which by the way is located at the old fisherman's point. or going by the park signs its called Crystal Bay. There is an old bus and a few boats down there, and maybe more but that is all that I found. If you can't find it let me know and I probably have a map or directions around here some where. My instructor also told me that the further you go up lake toward the dam the better visibility is. He told me it gets to almost 20' over the town that was buried when the dam was built.

pcowboy6196:
Hi Teressa... I just did my OW at Tenkiller bout two weeks ago and the vis was about 10' at the scuba park which by the way is located at the old fisherman's point. or going by the park signs its called Crystal Bay. There is an old bus and a few boats down there, and maybe more but that is all that I found. If you can't find it let me know and I probably have a map or directions around here some where. My instructor also told me that the further you go up lake toward the dam the better visibility is. He told me it gets to almost 20' over the town that was buried when the dam was built.

EDIT to Above: its not Crystal bay that's at skiatook lake. The signs at Tenkiller point to the Tenkiller Recreational Park. Its known locally as Fisherman's point

pcowboy6196:
EDIT to Above: its not Crystal bay that's at skiatook lake. The signs at Tenkiller point to the Tenkiller Recreational Park. Its known locally as Fisherman's point
Was Tim Knight your Insturctor? I was told the lake was getting better in vis.

Back
Top Bottom