Easthern Shores Jubilee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
I sure hope you locale flounder lovers have been keeping an eye on the Eastern shore along county rd one up to the second water access on scenic 98 . Wen Thur, Fri we have had a Jubilee. We have been feeling our coolers each morning Carry a bait net the shrimp are nice too!!

Would you mind sharing more info? I'm from north alabama but we'll be down on the coast this coming week.

Would you mind sharing more info? I'm from north alabama but we'll be down on the coast this coming week.

Actually it is kinda hard to explain. The science community to really figure it out and explain it. The old Salty’s will say they can predict it and some are not off by far. A Jubilee is a natural phenomenon that accrues along our Mobile bay mainly on the east coast centered usually around the Fairhope area and slightly above and below It is where a east wind blows on an incoming tide sometimes effecting the water where the salt meets the fresh water. Somehow it will effect the sediment they say laying on the bottom causing this to rob the oxygen from the water. Which in turns drives the crabs from the water and causes the Flounder, Ells Shrimp beach themself. If I recall right there are only two other places in the world which this happens

Here is a site you might want to take a peek at Fairhope Jubilee Picture Photo

It is pretty amazing and really has to be seen to be believed. I have some old pictures somewhere from years back. I took them before the age of digital pictures so I will have to see if I can post them.

If you are anywhere close to Mobile Bay, it is worth the trip.

Actually it is kinda hard to explain. The science community to really figure it out and explain it. The old Salty’s will say they can predict it and some are not off by far. A Jubilee is a natural phenomenon that accrues along our Mobile bay mainly on the east coast centered usually around the Fairhope area and slightly above and below It is where a east wind blows on an incoming tide sometimes effecting the water where the salt meets the fresh water. Somehow it will effect the sediment they say laying on the bottom causing this to rob the oxygen from the water. Which in turns drives the crabs from the water and causes the Flounder, Ells Shrimp beach themself. If I recall right there are only two other places in the world which this happens

Here is a site you might want to take a peek at Fairhope Jubilee Picture Photo

It is pretty amazing and really has to be seen to be believed. I have some old pictures somewhere from years back. I took them before the age of digital pictures so I will have to see if I can post them.

If you are anywhere close to Mobile Bay, it is worth the trip.

They were saying at the country store there on 98 and 98 Johnny Wards men picked up over three hundred dinner plate size flounder. I'd say the Blue Marlin restaurant there on 98 got most of them. Even @ $5.00 each those guys made a nice bonus. Just for working along the bay at the right time

Sure would be nice to be on someones phone list for when the Jubilees hit...Hint, hint..

Mike

I would gladly do that for you my friend on this end of county rd 1 and scenic 98

Just shoot me your number in pm

Oh by the way would you know of a reasonable Evinrude parts dealer other than down on 12?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom