Ecuador and Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alfie227

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

I'm going to Ecuador and Cuba in January, can anyone suggest some good dive centres in Ecuador ( not the Galapagos ) or Cuba?

cheers,

Alfie

Exploramar Diving, Ecuador isla de la plata & Galapagos liveaboards scuba diving PADI courses for Puerto Lopez, Ecuador. They have an office in Quito. Until recently, Michel was the only PADI Course Director in Ecuador.

From Puerto Lopez, you can dive Isla de la Plata, aka Poor Man's Galapagos primarily due to the bird life onshore (separate trip). Famous for mantas in the area and shark finning. Don't look at the beach when the fishermen come in. It will break your heart.

Shark finning!?!?

i agree, exploramar is a good co. and isla de la plata is a great dive. giant mantas are only there july-september but plenty of other interesting stuff and the weather is much nicer in january. but as mentioned above its a sad sight in the mornings when you see all the sharks being unloaded on the beach, lots of threshers and hammerheads i'm afraid.

It is incredibly sad that the fishermen have not learned that the sharks could be worth considerbly more to them alive than dead. People will be more inclined to dive with sharks than eat a bowl of shark fin soup.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom