Ecuador - Anything interesting on TV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I imagine that people with travel plans to Ecuador/Galapagos would like to keep up with developments on the ground during the state of emergency.

What is the current security situation in Ecuador? Are LOBs still running.

More importantly... Are flights to the Galapagos still going through Guayaquil?
Or are there direct flights out of Quito?

Sorry to hijack this post.
I'm currently considering the possibility of embarking on a liveaboard trip to the Galapagos in September. I've been researching flights from Europe, and unfortunately, it appears that all available options require a connection to Guayaquil. Given the ongoing gang war situation in Ecuador, with Guayaquil being identified as the epicenter, I'm a bit apprehensive.

I understand that September is still a few months away, and circumstances can change. However, for those who have recently traveled to the Galapagos or are planning to do so soon, I'm seeking advice regarding any concerns you may have had when transiting through Guayaquil, especially during overnight transfers. Have you discovered alternative routes, or do you think it might be wiser to postpone the trip and monitor the situation for improvements?

I'm eager to hear your insights and receive any advice you can offer.

Sorry to hijack this post.
I'm currently considering the possibility of embarking on a liveaboard trip to the Galapagos in September. I've been researching flights from Europe, and unfortunately, it appears that all available options require a connection to Guayaquil. Given the ongoing gang war situation in Ecuador, with Guayaquil being identified as the epicenter, I'm a bit apprehensive.

I understand that September is still a few months away, and circumstances can change. However, for those who have recently traveled to the Galapagos or are planning to do so soon, I'm seeking advice regarding any concerns you may have had when transiting through Guayaquil, especially during overnight transfers. Have you discovered alternative routes, or do you think it might be wiser to postpone the trip and monitor the situation for improvements?

I'm eager to hear your insights and receive any advice you can offer.
Hi,

I was in Galapagos in 2022 on a liveaboard. I am also going back in Sept for a 2 week liveaboard trip.

I have spoken to the dive guide that was on my boat previously. He advised all liveaboards are still going ahead and the guests on board haven't had any issues when travelling through Guayaquil.

As you're in transit you don't leave the airport and should be all good.

UK travel advise is here - Ecuador travel advice

Also a good read from the Minister of Tourism for Equador - Ecuador issues a statement on the situation of tourism in the country

Personally I think its still safe.

Back
Top Bottom