Effective SCUBA Communication Lesson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to be realistic. Only an aquarium hits 85 in my area of Canada.
Here in sunny Wisconsin only the pool hits 85.

How about a ticket to the sunny Caribbean? Not only do you get to dive, you might get lucky (luckier)...:wink: Sometimes you have to go to extremes to get the ball rolling...:)

Since my use of the term of endearment, "Honey," was gender neutral would the conversation be different if the "honey" was a man and the diver was a female in your dialogues?

Absolutely! But it don't end any better...

She: "Honey, I'm going diving Saturday."
He: [While watching TV] -
"What? Um... ok. Sounds good, dear."
He on Saturday: "Where are you going? You never told me your were going diving today."

But she goes anyway without the two syllable "Fi-ine," and without the passive-aggressive spiteful payback planning.

Reactions: RJP
Since my use of the term of endearment, "Honey," was gender neutral would the conversation be different if the "honey" was a man and the diver was a female in your dialogues?

Unfortunately yes.
He has this odd need to perform house/property maintenance on weekends. He prefers to make the four hour dive trip on week nights after work.
It generally means the the dives are twilight and eventually night dives. That makes them cold, low vis, and dark St. Lawrence river dives often with a current and why I draw the line at 65*f.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless it proceeds to the

She "You never listen I TOLD you {may even be silly enough to mention "When you were watching X Show on TV"
He "You always babble away when I am doing something else! How do you expect me to remember THAT?"

Oh... did I get side tracked what were we talking about.... oh yeah SCUBA Communication not SPOUSAL Communications :giggle:

:) "What would you like to do to-day?"
:shakehead: "you ALWAYS want to go diving!"
:idk: "Well you DID ask":dramaqueen:

Reactions: RJP
Oh.. did I get side tracked what were we talking about.... oh yeah SCUBA Communication not SPOUSAL Communications :giggle:

/QUOTE]

As long as she doesn't go all "My mother was right about you!" everything will be OK in a day or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom