Effective SCUBA Communication Lesson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Honey I have next weekend off and I am Jonesing for a dive, I think I will head down to Cozumel after work on Saturday.'

'OK have a nice time.'

I can get away with it about once a month, I love my wife.

I don't seem to have any of these problems. Perhaps the key is get to retiring early. You're spending a lot of time together daily, so if one of you goes here or there alone it's no big deal? Every summer I spend 7 weeks in NY playing concerts (diving once weekly, as usual)--my wife stays home to deal with her internet business. Then in Nov. I'm up at the cabin in N. Manitoba 2 weeks (minus 30 too cold for her these days).

I wish, the pool can't get past 83, the nights have been too cool.
Looks like I lied: FINA rules are minimum of 26C for the diving well, so the pool I had in mind is probably more like 80-ish. Unless it's just before or after a dive meet (the other kind). Apparently warmer water hurts less when you fall on top of it from up high.

Asking for forgiveness is better than asking for permission.

Spoken like a single guy. Anger the spouse at your own peril.

Best case scenario. "Honey, have fun sleeping on the sofa for the next week."

Worst case scenario. "Honey, look at the new piece of jewelry I bought."

Unfortunately yes.
He has this odd need to perform house/property maintenance on weekends. He prefers to make the four hour dive trip on week nights after work.
It generally means the the dives are twilight and eventually night dives. That makes them cold, low vis, and dark St. Lawrence river dives often with a current and why I draw the line at 65*f.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite dives are the 6 PM JB King drift dives from Tom Scott's Underwhere? Charters boats. I can precisely picture what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom