Question Egypt Safety due ongoing War in the region

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But if you're Jew-ish given western world protests you would probably safer in Egypt than than at home

Cairns is expensive yuck!

Gaza strip - 140 sq miles - 1/10 size of long island. population 2.1 million
NYC crime rate 5.21 / 1000 residents

It's a very small regional conflict. The news media makes a big deal out of it. I'd worry more about pirates off the coast of Africa, and even that doesn't cause great concern.

Enjoy your trip. Take trip insurance. Check the armed conflict exclusion.
Only it’s not just in Gaza. Houthi (Yemen) rebels shot down a drone and are claiming missile and drone attacks against Israel and the USS Carney shot down a bunch of cruise missiles in the Red Sea.

Egypt has gone to war with the Israel before and they’ve let some people in from Gaza. You have to assume that includes a non-zero number of hamas or hamas supporters.

I wouldn't go to the Sinai right now but I don't see any issue with doing a liveaboard out of mainland Egypt or staying in the tourist areas on the red sea. Inland Egypt has always been iffy... even 20 years ago. I wouldn't walk around with a kipa or as a woman by myself down there... but that's not new. It's always been like that.

Egypt has gone to war with the Israel before and they’ve let some people in from Gaza. You have to assume that includes a non-zero number of hamas or hamas supporters.
Egypt has not wanted any part of this conflict in decades. The Egyptian people in the tourist areas nor the government have any interest in destroying their tourist industry. I would be more concerned going into a random mall in the US than being in Hurghada or a liveaboard right now.

Houthi (Yemen) rebels shot down a drone and are claiming missile and drone attacks against Israel and the USS Carney shot down a bunch of cruise missiles in the Red Sea.
Have you looked at a map? What kind of missile or drone can be lauched by the rebels in Yemen that could fly a 1000 miles undetected through Saudi airspace (whom they are at war with right now) only to be shot down over the red sea by an US warship?

Have you looked at a map? What kind of missile or drone can be lauched by the rebels in Yemen that could fly a 1000 miles undetected through Saudi airspace (whom they are at war with right now) only to be shot down over the red sea by an US warship?

You’re so confidently wrong all the time.

Have you looked at a map?
Here is one for you.

That is inside the range of quds-3 that Iran had supplied to the Houthi.

Here is some articles to maybe help you do some basic research first.

Attachments

• IMG_4467.png
    IMG_4467.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 55
Here is some articles to maybe help you do some basic research first.
'Basic research' is a link to al Jazeera and the telegraph... sure dude.

And even if true (which it isn't) what does any if this has to do with going to Hurghada or going in a liveaboard? Hurghada is nowhere near any of this and neither is any of the liveaboard routes.

Gaza strip - 140 sq miles - 1/10 size of long island. population 2.1 million
NYC crime rate 5.21 / 1000 residents

It's a very small regional conflict. The news media makes a big deal out of it. I'd worry more about pirates off the coast of Africa, and even that doesn't cause great concern.

Enjoy your trip. Take trip insurance. Check the armed conflict exclusion.

I wouldn't go to the Sinai right now but I don't see any issue with doing a liveaboard out of mainland Egypt or staying in the tourist areas on the red sea. Inland Egypt has always been iffy... even 20 years ago. I wouldn't walk around with a kipa or as a womon by myself down there... but that's not new. It's always been like that.

This.

There is always something happening in the region, but the touristy cities like Sharma (even tho its in sinai) and Hurghada are always chill.

Lets see Hurghada arrivals, out of 19 flights that I can put up at once, 15 are international tourist flights. The reality is that nobody really cares about the conflict and people travel normally. (HRG Arrivals) Hurghada International Airport Arrivals

Don't listen to people from across the ocean who have never travelled in the area and enjoy your trip :)

1699623862234.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom