Question Egypt Safety due ongoing War in the region

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Basic research' is a link to al Jazeera and the telegraph... sure dude.

And even if true (which it isn't) what does any if this has to do with going to Hurghada or going in a liveaboard? Hurghada is nowhere near any of this and neither is any of the liveaboard routes.

I was trying to find articles that matched your reading and comprehension levels

Geography doesn’t seem to be a strong point either though what city is in the red circle.

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 41
I wonder if anyone seens the irony in people from America worrying about other countries being 'dangerous'.
620 people got killed this year alone in the States (and the year isn't over yet) just from random shootings... yet you worry about a cruise missile going hundreds of miles off course hitting your liveaboard or taxi to the habour?

I wonder if anyone seens the irony in people from America worrying about other countries being 'dangerous'.
620 people got killed in shooting this years alone in the States (and the year isn't over yet) just from random shootings... yet you worry about a cruise missile going hundreds of miles off course hitting your liveaboard or taxi to the habour?

I'd be more worried about all the fires/sinkings with Red Sea Liveaboards over the last few years - that's why I've passed on the destination. That said, I'd still be a bit concerned about transiting that specific region right now - just like there are plenty of urban areas in the US where gun violence is a big concern that I just avoid.

620 people got killed in shooting this years alone in the States (and the year isn't over yet) just from random shootings... yet you worry about a cruise missile going hundreds of miles off course hitting your liveaboard or taxi to the habour?

Well, I was going to bring up the fact that it is probably safer in Sharm or Hurghada than being a black man in Chicago or anyone going to a Walmart, church, mall, movie theatre, sleeping in your own bed, walking down the sidewalk, having a picnic, etc. here in the USofA.

I have been in Chitral, Pakistan on the border with Afghanistan and felt safer than being in Texas with the open carry laws and grandiose self-entitlement.

Keep your head on swivel, don't go where you don't belong, and if things seem weird.... they are.

Fear is the mind-killer. Don't let it ruin your world.

This is an exciting attempt at whataboutism.

I'd be more worried about all the fires/sinkings with Red Sea Liveaboards over the last few years - that's why I've passed on the destination.
I wouldn't tell anyone to go somewhere where they feel uncomfortable. But it's not very realistic to worry about boat safety either. We just learned in the other thread that the Conception was legally allowed to cram +30 people into a bunk room without any emergency exit, smoke detectors, someone on watch and crew that wasn't trained to put out a fire... and apparently that was OK with the USCG.
I mean come on. Somebody in this thread is worried about a stray cruise missile... fired by rebels a 1000 miles away.
How many people died on Egyptian liveaboards in the last 20 years? Their boats and the Egyptian safety standards seem to be way safer than the ones in the US.

This is an exciting attempt at whataboutism.
It's called reality. You brought up stray cruise missiles...

I think that everyone should just stay at home and have breakfast in bed. I'll enjoy less crowded boats in Hurghada.

Yeah, rockets, missiles, bombs everywhere. Stay home and be safe (until the next mass shooting comes to your neighborhood).
🤪🤠

I wouldn't tell anyone to go somewhere where they feel uncomfortable. But it's not very realistic to worry about boat safety either. We just learned in the other thread that the Conception was legally allowed to cram +30 people into a bunk room without any emergency exit, smoke detectors, someone on watch and crew that wasn't trained to put out a fire... and apparently that was OK with the USCG.
I mean come on. Somebody in this thread is worried about a stray cruise missile... fired by rebels a 1000 miles away.
How many people died on Egyptian liveaboards in the last 20 years? Their boats and the Egyptian safety standards seem to be way safer than the ones in the US.
Sorry, but I do worry about boat safety (regardless of destination) and I do my own research so I'd be comfortable with the vessel/vessel history and my cabin location (no below waterline/lower deck for me - upper deck with easy/direct access to get overboard only) - I think it would be pretty stupid to not worry about this given what we've seen happen on liveaboards many times - but you do you if you don't care about that: Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom