El Cid La Ceiba Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luv2dive

Reaction score
Okay it's finally here! I will be in Coz this time tomorrow! I've got my dive reservations set and have been cruising the boards for all the info I can get on my first ocean dive. Tell me about the shore dive at ElCid LaCieba. I want to do this as my check out dive to get my weighting correct. I'm Staying at Iberostar, how far from Iberostar is it? How much is tank rental? Is there much of a current there? Where is the dive shop located?

Originally posted by Luv2dive
Okay it's finally here! I will be in Coz this time tomorrow! I've got my dive reservations set and have been cruising the boards for all the info I can get on my first ocean dive. Tell me about the shore dive at ElCid LaCieba. I want to do this as my check out dive to get my weighting correct. I'm Staying at Iberostar, how far from Iberostar is it? How much is tank rental? Is there much of a current there? Where is the dive shop located?

The shore dive at elCid doesn't have a walk-in entry. Well I guess you can walk in at the swimmer entrance. There is a set of slippery concrete steps or you can giant stride off the pier. Those slick steps have a rope attached to help you exit the water.

Before you enter the water, look at the snorkeling marker rope to check for current. The more bend that rope has in it, the stronger the current. After you descend, if you'll keep that marker rope above you you'll come to the anchor line at the corner of it. Straight out from there is a short drop off and the plane wreck is just beyond in the sand. Don't miss the coral heads on the way out...there's lots of life there to see.

Iberostar is several miles from elCid and will require a taxi. Establish the cab fare before you get in the car!

DelMar Aquatics dive shop is on the pier at ElCid. Tank and weight rental is $5 and will require your C-card.

Say hello to the skeleton for me!

Thanks Dee, I knew I could count on you for answers to my many questions! I'm sooooo excited about the trip and I want to make the most of the diving. I made reservations with "Cabillito del Caribe" for Tuesday Wenesday and Thursday dives. Should I request a certain Dive Master? Is there one that would be especially good for our group (3 out of 4 Newbies)?

Israel would be the perfect DM for your group. Since I did my checkout dives with them, he was my DM for my very first after-cert dives. I was so bad he literally took me by the hand! Over the years he's become a good friend. He's also one of the best DM's I've come across since then. He'll take good care of ya! give him a hug from me. will ya?

Oh BTW....he's eye candy in that speedo!

I loved your photos. But sad that there is no Coz trip in my near or distant future;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom