El Nido Diving: Is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did 2 dives on Sunday at Miniloc Island.

1st site was called Twin Rocks and the 2nd was the Southern side of Miniloc. Not shabby but not awe-inspiring either. I'd dive there again if I was in the area but will not be making any special trips to go back for the diving.

I'd have to agree with the snorkeling comment. I saw more interesting animals while snorkeling off the Miniloc pier than I did on the 2 dives. 2 sea turtles and the enormous resident jacks.

Did 2 dives on Sunday at Miniloc Island.

1st site was called Twin Rocks and the 2nd was the Southern side of Miniloc. Not shabby but not awe-inspiring either. I'd dive there again if I was in the area but will not be making any special trips to go back for the diving.

I'd have to agree with the snorkeling comment. I saw more interesting animals while snorkeling off the Miniloc pier than I did on the 2 dives. 2 sea turtles and the enormous resident jacks.

So I should be thinking two hour dive off the Miniloc pier :wink: See many nudibranchs?

yup. wish i sharpened up on my photo skills before going cos of all the nudies.

Cool!!! I love nudis :) No problem :wink: I can spend two hours in 20 feet of water photographing nudi's and call it a great dive :)

Now I'm excited about diving there :D

diving at El Nido is as good as w/c dive operator you are using. it is good! ten years ago. use the town as your base. lately, I heard the superbanka from Sabang Underground river, pass by Port Barton all the way to El Nido is running again!, but have not try it lately. Diving is good, their even cave, tunnel dive! the best is the crossing channel dive! before all the TEC Dive course come out, you can do those dives. now more restriction!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom