Electronics help... esp with a diode.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to measure a diode to find out what kind of diode it is. It looks like a Zener diode and when I measure one way I get an open. Reverse polarity and I get .426. I can post a picture of it, I guess, but I don't see any identifying marks on it. .

This makes it sound like the diode is fine.

As lowviz said, maybe it's time to take a magnifier to the other components.

Which analyzer works perfectly until you put it in the housing? The original one you refurbed?

If so, I would check to see if putting it in the housing is causing a short/open due to physical contact. May be a bad wire somewhere or a loose joint you missed.

Also, are you sure the trace you shorted is supposed to be connected?

Edit: what lowvis said :p

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2014 at 10:43 PM ----------

Oh, in case you were wondering and didn't know, the display panel simply takes a voltage and displays a number in response. The panel I have also has some jumpers you can use to set the decimal position.

The pot is used to adjust the voltage from the O2 sensor going to the panel input for calibration purposes.

The panel itself should have some kind of chip running it, probably under the black patch on the PCB.

This looks like your panel meter: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/82403.pdf

Can you post any assembly directions that you are following? A circuit schematic would be ideal, but I'm guessing you don't have one since you are asking about the type of diode. One or two things about the breadboard wiring seem odd.

Another possibility with your problem; when you assemble it it stops working,, could be a broken or cracked foil trace on the board or in one of the other components. Make sure nothing is being stressed or twisted upon assembly. Good luck.

Doc

a diode as said is a check valve. a zenor functions the same as an opv or a back presure regulator.

:giggle:

How to Entertain a bunch of Geeks and Nerds! Good Job! :thumb:

This is better than a puzzle. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom