Ending Dive with 500psi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are more dumb asses than boats. The mantra " the customer is allways right " does not apply to dive charters, and alot of other things in life. Bottom line if you can not follow the directions of the crew we see you as a liability. As crew we strive to never have to be interogated by a Coastie or fill out that annoying paperwork detailing what hapened to a dumbass./ The Coasties make OSHA investigators seem like your BFF.
Eric

And some ops attract more dumb asses than others. It seems to me that those ops that establish their policies and protocols around the lowest common denominator seem to end up attracting that element.

I just think it is a really bad habit to get into. Your son needs to learn early in his dive career that "team diving" means exactly that, diving as a team. If your air consumption is greater than his, then he needs to learn that the length of the dives are governed by you and he needs to be okay with that rule. If he hasn't seen enough by the end of the dive he can always jump in and snorkel during the surface interval. I know there is very little that can go wrong with just tootling around on the surface but it creates the kind of mindset that makes it easier to "stretch" the rules later on on other dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom