Entry with camera - how do you do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the times entry with camera is not necessary the only place where I had to do it has been Egypt where you risk more leaving the camera with the crew on the rib or you do a penguin entry on a drift dive with a 32 meters boats. Anywhere else the crew would manage it

On the back of a large dive boats people queue and at capitan signal start walking line penguin and then jump in water whilst the boat is moving and the engines are off. Normal procedure on Red Sea day boat and also on some liveaboards

On the back of a large dive boats people queue and at capitan signal start walking line penguin and then jump in water whilst the boat is moving and the engines are off.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

OK, I get it :D

Since I had tethered the camera on my left side, it got tangled with my BCD inflator hose and started interfering with my snorkel as well when I let go of it so it floated up. And it was just ever so slightly positive; it rose gently and slowly when I let go of it.

After that experience, I'm not carrying anything that's positive. Except for a dSMB in the few fractions of a second after I've inflated it and before I release it.

EDIT: I've just formulated Storker's 1st rule of SCUBA gear: If it isn't negative, it will cause entanglements when you're not holding it.
Well I'm talking about the back d-ring on crotch strap, (will hang behind the tanks) there it will not be in the way for anything at all.. i would never hang something like this around the chest area, positive or negative.

Jump & swim back to get it---or---on the Fling , ~a 7 foot jump out the gate, they lower it on a rope(after I've jumped) & I retrieve it on side of the boat(@ the waterline).......

Well I'm talking about the back d-ring on crotch strap, (will hang behind the tanks) there it will not be in the way for anything at all..
I'm imagining that it would interfere with my kick, and that it'd be a b*tch to reach it if I wanted to hold it again, so I don't think I'd try that unless someone gave me some very compelling arguments. OTOH, if it works for you, it works for you (© Department of Obvious Tautologies). So why not just test it out?

Hmm. Yeah Miiight get in way of kicks. Kinda why i was checking, to se if others are doing it like that with a big dslr rig.. i would give it a try yeah, but have to order/make som floats first then, as mine is ever so slightly negative at the moment.. check around --> maybe order/make --> test.

have to order/make som floats first

Don't you have an old piece of foam sleeping pad lying around? Might be sufficient for a simple test.

lol :) yeah i have better than that.. sheets of xps boards.. but kinda looking for more feedback before i even bother making anything :)

Back
Top Bottom