equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hockeyman

Registered
Reaction score
hi
i was wondering how many 80 tanks a single diver is able to hold while wreck diving and also the other equipment you will need

thanks

hockeyman:
hi
i was wondering how many 80 tanks a single diver is able to hold while wreck diving and also the other equipment you will need

thanks
If this is just a theoretical question I'd say five, triples with two slung, but why? If you need more gas get bigger tanks, triple 80s hold less gas than double 130s.

hockeyman:
hi

thanks

I wish I could dredge up some of the WKPP photos of 'tank haulers' staging/pulling bottles. If I recall, in one photo a dive had a set of dbl 104's or 121's + 5-10 80's.

You can haul as many as you can swim/pull with a scooter. Especially when staging tanks for later dives ( a set up dive), it saves you a number of trips.

But for gas usage for a dive, i.e. you are going to use the gas on the dive at hand and need to carry it all (possibly staging) I think the practical limit would be 4-5 tanks. More than that would be too cumbersome (management), too much drag. 5 tanks I would not swim but scooter only. For me 3 tanks (2*80's and a 40) is the max I am willing to swim.... and even then, not that far......Going down a line to a wreck and leave them is fine... swimming upstream in a cave is another story: 'it sucks the air out of you'

Better to stage/use set up dives for dives requiring more gas..... maybe switch to RB's

I'm on the left:D

attachment.php

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom