Euphoria Liveaboard, Raja Ampat - Review January 8th - 19th 2015 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem, Shasta_man. As a regular reader of SB, your posts are always helpful and enjoyable, so my thanks for that. As a regular reader, I appreciate trip reports for two reasons: I'm freezing here in Chicago and they are just plain fun to read. As to usefulness for planning my next rip, I take all reports with a grain of salt. When there are multiple reports on a place, operation, live-a-board, etc., I give it more weight. I think we all know that posts can be used to promote or harm certain businesses, so we are careful. "Outing" a first time poster is ok, but not necessarily a way to encourage new posters, especially if it's a positive post. What's the harm?
Anyway, way too long till our next scuba trip, so I'll have to survive on reading other folks' trip reports. Keep 'em coming.

Rob

I appreciate your comments about my posts. I've had more than one problem with people not seeing my smile when I wrote the message. Having been to Raja Ampat and Komodo, I'm chomping at the bit to get back in the water and these reports bring lots of memories, so thanks to the OP. I'm going to have to post a video or two sometime to show what I am always going on about. :) Alas, we were lucky enough to have twins last year, but that means no diving, or money, for some time, so I'm eating popcorn with you.

Shasta_man: More important than anything else...congrats on the twins!! My wife and I found ways to dive a bit when the kids were young and you will too. Now, they're through college, house is paid off, SO, we just put deposits down for two trips in 2016... Cocos and Wakatobi. We decided it is our big, huge, blow out year for diving. No guarantees for the future, so why not? Thanks to all on this thread and others for keeping this Chicago Winter somewhat tolerable.

Rob

I was on that Euphoria cruise on Jan 2015. I too felt the crew AND Artur were so sincere, caring and absolutely fun loving. Maybe that German divers did not catch on to Artur's humor?? I loved the way the crew would sing at night, fish together (the bucket method was hilarious) and do each other's hair - one of the chefs even braided my hair! They not only took care of us but were also good friends. And, the dive guides were great critter spotters and always kept watch of their respective groups. It wasn't that the crew was super trained in customer service and all that, they were just great, easy going, humble and sincere. It made this Raja Ampat trip the best so far for me - and I've been there on the Paradise Dancer as well (which was also great - for more upscale reasons). So if you like a at-home, fun-filled, easy-going atmosphere on the boat, which is what I like, then you would love it. The diving was GREAT, but it was also the experience on the boat that really made this trip special!

Thanks Shirocan. Glad you enjoyed. I look forward to seeing reports on Euphoria from other Scubaboard members. I'll also be looking forward to other reports from you on your dives in other areas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom