Ever have a LOL dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ever see a five foot five inch man that weighs three hundred pounds in a half zipped wetsuit with an eighteen liter scuba tank to his back have his weight belt fall around his ankles then watch three people struggle to get it back on him? That was a LOL moment, I only wish I had my video camera that day. Play something like that back at two times speed with Yakety Sax, no editing required...Easy money....

I've had several LOL moments while diving.

My very first ocean dive (in my life) a Parrott fish craps right in front of me. I laughed so hard I almost drowned. The whole scene put's me in my place everytime I think about it.

Last year, I'm on the boat finishing my check list while on the way to the dive site when I look at the stranger across from me on the boat. Strapped to his inflator is a "Jack in the Box" scuba diver. I pointed and laughed, the stranger said "What? He's my dive buddy!"

I have never had an LOL moment while diving ... scuba is very serious business ...

P8060322.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't have a pic with me, but I spotted a starfish on the back of a scorpion fish... I cracked up. How long did the scorpion fish have to lay there for a starfish to climb completely on his back?

In Bora Bora a remora had latched onto my wife's chest just below her reg so she didn't see it. She felt something and kept brushing at it. A few of us were right below her watching and laughing uncontrollably. Pretty sure I have a photo somewhere.

I surfaced from a dive in my local mudhole, took out my reg to talk to my buddy, took a breath and inhaled a fly that just happened to be zipping across the surface at mouth height. Yech, I can still taste it years later.

My buddy p'd herself laughing.

Be careful who you laugh at.....I was once giggling away merrily as a celebration wrasse tried to steal the eyebrow ring my student had catching the light inside her mask.....until it changed direction and took my earring clean out of my ear. Ouch! Her turn to giggle.... :)

several years ago, i was diving in a group of buddies around a quarry. (we were paired off, but diving together.) my buddy & i happened to be in front of the group, and i thought he was leading. he thought *i* was leading. neither of us were leading, we were just wandering around. anyway, finally he wrote in the sand 'beach?' i figured out he was lost. in the quarry. with a million landmarks. and a compass. and laughed so hard i lost buoyancy (because i had been holding quite a bit of air) and crashed into the dirt and rolled around laughing for a while. good times! miss you, ken. :)

In Chuuk Lagoon doing deco a remora attempted to swim up the very loose legs of our dive guide's shorts. He did not look like he was enjoying having a fish so close to the wife's best friend!

Back
Top Bottom