Ever seen divers getting agro under water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your concern is about divisions amongst humans - wouldn't it make sense to simply dissolve national borders, and then we can all simply refer to "Earth" as our home?

Go ahead, then you and your children can live in the chaos, filth, ignorance, disease, despair and violence that the majority of the human race lives in and has always lived in. From chaos here and there has risen a rare a ray of hope only a few times in human history. Go ahead and stomp the flower of freedom into the dirt of that history, your children will live in the violent squalor of your no borders future. It will take another 1,000 years of a new dark age before who and whatever comes out the other side has another chance at it.

N

Go ahead, then you and your children can live in the chaos, filth, ignorance, disease, despair and violence that the majority of the human race lives in and has always lived in. From chaos here and there has risen a rare a ray of hope only a few times in human history. Go ahead and stomp the flower of freedom into the dirt of that history, your children will live in the violent squalor of your no borders future. It will take another 1,000 years of a new dark age before who and whatever comes out the other side has another chance at it.
WOW!! So much for eliminating the things that separate us.

Hell, maybe 1,000 years from now, those of us on the Big E will be crying about the poor Carribean lionfish, being threatened by some new invasive species dumped on the reef by some thoughtless aquarium owner.

I *felt* like getting AGRO with a fish the first time I entered a Damselfish territorial boundary, and that little bastard started nipping at my fingers!

At first I was ready to smack him across the reef, than I started laughing, and realized how foolish it would be to pick on a fish not much bigger than my hand. But it did surprise the heck out of me, I almost jumped out of my wetsuit.

It has happened since, but now I know the feeling, and it is just amusing! Those little Damselfish are VERY aggressive for their size! :D

WOW!! So much for eliminating the things that separate us.

Hell, maybe 1,000 years from now, those of us on the Big E will be crying about the poor Carribean lionfish, being threatened by some new invasive species dumped on the reef by some thoughtless aquarium owner.

Like I said, go ahead and eliminate all those terrible barriers of education, progress, medicine, civilization, laws and courts and the whole bunch of it, you are free to head to lovely exotic locales like Somalia and hundreds of others of the same ilk and get right in the dirt and squalor right now and explain to them how you are just like them and you are there to eliminate barriers, or maybe they would just cut your head off.

N

...you are free to head to lovely exotic locales like Somalia and hundreds of others of the same ilk and get right in the dirt and squalor right now and explain to them how you are just like them and you are there to eliminate barriers, or maybe they would just cut your head off.
People say the same thing about Sudan. I've actually been to Sudan - and no one ever indicated they want to cut my head off. Maybe I just need to find the right people :)

Back
Top Bottom