Everyone Plz Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
scubasean once bubbled...

At least from this we know it is legal to dive solo with Nitrox in Cancun....

But probably only as a marine cop. In Cancun the diving is pretty much touristy. Nitrox, as far as I can tell, is a consumer novelty there for which one pays extra bux to have what sounds like the equivalent of a resort course in Nitrox, then don double tanks and do a 90 minute excursion at 40-50'.

Don't get me wrong. I see no harm in it as the hard bottom makes MOD something the divers only hear about, and furthermore, I think the diving in Cancun is great fun because it's very easy and the reefs are quite nice with lotsa pretty fishies. But it's hardly a mecca for tekky divers. The hardcore types aim one hour south and hit the caves. There you are far more likely to encounter Nitrox in everyday use. The relatively shallow caves are a natural for it.

John F

NatureDiver should have taken these concerns to the company and not published unsubstantiated claims of malpractice on this board.

This is why I had no problem apologizing for doing it. I agree that I should have done this more privately. I would have nothing against a decision to close these threads and move on with life if that's what the moderators and owners of the board want to do. I would completely understand that.

But:
I've been thinking and doing some research. Seems to me that "Naturediver" must have been one of the divemasters on the boat. If this is true then he was one of the people responsable to make sure the BOBS stayed off the reef. It would also be part of his job to double check the tanks on the boat. He says in his profile he's a NAUI Instructor as well as a PADI Dive Master. Now I have to ask myself why he was let go. No one has said if he quit or was fired and with all those credentials I would think he would be working in the industry somewhere. Maybe he's just not that good and they reached a mutual agreement about him leaving. I'm not really sure. Just seems funny that a diver with all that ability and training would take his job a bit more serious. But then again he's only 21 years old. I think he went to the Virgin Islands thinking it was time to party at a resort and found out that they really wanted him to work for his money. He got upset because as he said in his original thread back in August IT WAS A CASH COW FOR THEM $100 per person average 66 people per day. He most likely thought that was not fair. So when they parted ways he held a slight grudge against them. I have to ask myself how long did he work for them? He also said in his first thread about this that he was in contact with some of the current employees and that they would be getting him some evidence ie Pics and such. I find it hard to believe that someone would stab there employer in the back if they wanted to stay employed for the sake of helping this guy. I really think he was just out to get even with a former boss. Now that he's back in the States. He thought he would get away with it by getting all of you guys on the forum to go along with him no questions asked. And he almost got away with it.
Now because I don't go along with him he resorts to a personal attack on my spelling. He really needs to grow up.

Lifes break down
At 5 we know we know nothing
AT 10 we start to beleive we know alot
AT 18 we know everything
AT 25 we know everthing and are ready to prove it
At 35 we strat to understand we don't know much at all
At 45 we are surprised at how little we really know and understand.

:doctor:

fgray1,

Your assumptions are amusing but in the end they are only assumptions. From your posts I'm going to do some assuming like you are doing.

Since you are convinced that what we have here is a disgruntled employee, I'm going to assume that you are in one capacity or another a employer that has been burned by ex-employees. Because of this you always feel compelled to sympathize with the "poor" owners of this company and that are being "terrorized" by a spiteful 21 year old kid bent on taking them down....

Dude, give me a break. Maybe this 21 year old kid, who found himself in a new world, didn't know how to express his frustration about what he was seeing. He, as you are so found to point out, is a young naive man. Maybe it wasn't until he was removed from that environment that he felt comfortable trying to do something about what he sees as wrong.

Maybe, those us of who don't now anything about either parties should STFU and let them handle it.

Mark

Some interesting pot shots taken at Nature (Colin) but, it's so clear that those taking the shots are clueless.

Firstly, I am familiar with Colin, and, from what I know of him, he's a stand up guy. I doubt seriously that anything he's said about this snafu is BS, I'm inclined to believe him.

There's my two cents..

" Dude, give me a break. Maybe this 21 year old kid, who found himself in a new world, didn't know how to express his frustration about what he was seeing. He, as you are so found to point out, is a young naive man. Maybe it wasn't until he was removed from that environment that he felt comfortable trying to do something about what he sees as wrong."

So Mark you agree with me.
This public forum is not the place to try and start a crusade. What started out as a noble cause ended up turning on him. A lesson he won't soon forget. It's no fun being the target of ridiqule or haveing people that know nothing about you say things that you have no way of defending yourself against. When you try you get those that call you a liar. So it was with the owners of the buisness. Personaly I could care less about Naturediver or the buisness but I do care when someone does something that will effect others lives and they do it in public. A lesson needed to be learned and I beleive it was.

I'm out of here.
The nice thing about diving you can't hear the b*llsh*T:D

Anyone else receive vulgar missives from "scubadown"

Fluent in small word profanity.

don

Have you laughed at yourself lately?

1. If you "don't care", what are you flapping your gums about?

2. The nice thing about diving is we cant read YOUR bulltwinkies

To quote Seajay..

"Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called......"

fgray1 once bubbled...

EDITED to address specifics... *yawn*

Personaly I could care less about Naturediver or the buisness but I do care when someone does something that will effect others lives and they do it in public. A lesson needed to be learned and I beleive it was.

I'm out of here.
The nice thing about diving you can't hear the b*llsh*T:D

GQMedic
Keep trying someday you'll grow up and join the real world.
Try diving NITROX sounds like you suffer from lack of Oxygen.
Your beating a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom