Everyone Should Try This!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU!!! I found this board by accident one night and thought it was pretty cool. Didn't take me long to figure out that no matter what anyone wrote, there were plenty of "experienced divers" to put us in our place. You know what, Tek Adventure Diver? You had FUN!!! Wow! And Scuba diving too!!! Amazing! I do remember that what's I got into the sport for. Because I had fun with it. Sorry this is so short, but I have to run out and buy some fancy space boots so that I don't walk on my lawn anymore, and then a trip to the campinmg store for a hammock, cuz I sure can't lie down on anything! Oh yeah... Going to visit the health food store too! Have to stop eating because you never know whose home I might be destroying with that piece of broccoli....

Tek Adventure Diver:
And being responsible. How bout this for responsible. Im 15 years old. and am the head chef. The owner is a respectable chef, the most in windsor and very well know in southern ontario. Infact Susur Lee, look him up on the internet. I can go and work with him anytime i am in toronto and same with Jamie Kennedy. Because im mature and responsible enough. So i think that i am responsible. If you actually meet me and dove with my, i think that you might change your mind.

I don't care how well you can cook, making good food won't save your butt in the water.

I have went through your other posts, what you post is scary stuff, and your profile is the icing on the cake, divers like you scare the heck out of me.

Now your passion for diving seams strong, thats good, but your maturity level needs to be put in check, its not just walking on the bottom its all your other threads, they are unreal man, you may have been in the water with some IANTD people but they must not be teaching you anything, I dove the same cave that Sheck was in does that make me a legend now?

I wouldn't dive with you, so I wouldn't change my mind. Now, if you dropped your show that you put on, shut your trap and decided to listen, over time I would speak with you and maybe eventually dive with you as everyone starts someplace and they have to learn some how, but man, what you post is just scary stuff, its over the top, and since your 16, bullet proof, can cook good, your already a 'tek' diver, you've dove with some "big shots", read every book in the world on diving, can deploy a long hose and shoot a bag, you already know everything and anything I have to say is just an insult to your super man like skills. So no, I would not dive with you and will inform anyone you give advice to that your just a kid looking to get yourself and possible others hurt.

Now come on here, drop the crap, listen, and maybe you can learn from people that do have more experience than you, but until then your just waisting your time, and entertaining people like me, because you already know everything.

bubblemonkey:
fair enough I supose.

how about if I changed it to this one of my wife?

kayetoilet.jpg

what are you asking, what would I think of you if this is your avitar?

DOkie:
THANK YOU!!! I found this board by accident one night and thought it was pretty cool. Didn't take me long to figure out that no matter what anyone wrote, there were plenty of "experienced divers" to put us in our place. You know what, Tek Adventure Diver? You had FUN!!! Wow! And Scuba diving too!!! Amazing! I do remember that what's I got into the sport for. Because I had fun with it. Sorry this is so short, but I have to run out and buy some fancy space boots so that I don't walk on my lawn anymore, and then a trip to the campinmg store for a hammock, cuz I sure can't lie down on anything! Oh yeah... Going to visit the health food store too! Have to stop eating because you never know whose home I might be destroying with that piece of broccoli....

Go read the OP's other posts, I only spoke up when he started telling other people to go do and or try

bubblemonkey:
it was a joke...sorry English humour.

whats exactly is "shooting a bag"?

Deploying a lift bag while remaining neutral, attaching it to a reel or spool, filling it with some gas and allowing it to shoot to the surface while allowing the spool/reel to spin out line as it rises, once it hits the surface you now have an ascent line that you can do stops on instead of a blue water ascent with no virtical referecne, like what you see in cozumel when the dive master attaches a spool to a SMB and lets it fly, gives the boats on the surface a marker and a virtical ascent line for those that want/need it.

Hi

Just wondered whether anyone has got the book " The Art of Diving" by Nick Hanna and Alexander Mustard. ( David Doubilet said of it "It's the best book about diving since JC's The Undersea World") Anyway, on p212/3 there is a great photo of a guy and his girl moonwalking on a sandy bottom near a small outcropping. They appear to be 4-5m down and are certainly not trashing the vis. ( Think it's in a lagoon in the Red Sea somewhere.)

I would say they are doing no more harm to the bottom than anyone wading in at the start of a shore dive on a sandy bottom near reefs, and a lot less damage than some I've seen kicking the xxxx out of table corals etc. with their fins. (Think someone else has said that) As far as stingrays etc. go, when doing a shore dive and wading in you sometimes have to alter course because they are in the way - that's if they don't beat it before you step on them.

The way I look at it is that all divers, no matter how careful, have an impact on the environment they profess to love. I think that done carefully, moonwalking wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing - the emphasis here would be on "carefully"! ( It would certainly be less destructive than my favourite pet hate of reefwalking:no )

Here's a link to the book -

http://www.artofdiving.com/The_Art_of_Diving/Home/index.html

There are some sample pages - on the one with the guy throwing frisbees ( true! ) there is a small pic on the bottom right of moonwalking as well. The book also gives instructions on how to do it safely! Apparently it's one of the things you can do in Zen Diving....

Food for thought maybe!

Jeff

Tek Adventure Diver:
And being responsible. How bout this for responsible. Im 15 years old. and am the head chef. The owner is a respectable chef, the most in windsor and very well know in southern ontario. Infact Susur Lee, look him up on the internet. I can go and work with him anytime i am in toronto and same with Jamie Kennedy. Because im mature and responsible enough. So i think that i am responsible. If you actually meet me and dove with my, i think that you might change your mind.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Wow, what restaurant? I need to make sure I NEVER eat there. But I am really curious how a 15yo (last time you said you were 16 :shakehead ) who would still be in school, is the "head chef" anywhere? I also want to call (and I will) and talk to your employer. See what credentials you have to be a "head chef"

FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom