Exchange rate effecting prices in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest you travel with US currency and convert on arrival. Be sure that all your bills, especially $100s, are of the newer types in good shape, since many banks no longer accept the older US currency, nor torn or marred bills.

You've mentioned the new US bills, but has anyone used any of the new dollar coins in Cozumel? I'm wondering if they'll flip out if I use some there ...

I seem to get the best results just getting pesos from an atm for food and drinks.

I have found that paying cash (dollars) for diving can be a good idea.

Credit card for hotel--seems to be no cash advantages that I have found so far.

I was there in for 10 nights around Christmas. I found that if you stay away from the tourist areas you do save a good amount of money to pay with Pesos. Many places were giving 10-1 or 11-1. I received 13.5 at the being of our stay and it was 13.9 at the end. Plus I found that you would get change when you paid in pesos. The bill would be 13 dollars and I would be lucky to get 50 pesos back.

Back
Top Bottom