Exhaust dump question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

911_abuser

Reaction score
So im loving my new eclipse just one thing though. The dump at the bottom has no knob/thing to pull on. I was thinking of taking one off my old BC and putting it on there however I wanted somethiing with a more DISTINCT feel, something that when I grab onto it I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE RIGHT AWAY. So I was bored I decided to look through this junk/tools box and found a few items i thought would work. Let me know what you think or what you have done.

If those metal bits are regular steel (not s/s),they'll rust and you'll likely end up with stains on you BC. I'd think the wire connector would be too light to be useful. You also want something smooth so there are no sharp edges and rounded so it's less likely to snag on anything.

Oh my yes... string all of them do-dads together using zipties and wrap them with some duct tape. Then put them back in the junk drawer.

You don't need no stinking knob.

Reach back and encircle the dump with your thumb and forefinger... then close the circle and the string will be in your grasp. If I can do it with heavy drygloves you can do it bare handed there in warmwaterland.

I uh, well am most unfortunatly missing some parts of the fingers on my left hand and articulating the cord like you said is not easily done.

AND I KNOW I KNOW MISSING FINGERS ARE NOT DIR !!! just joking about the DIR stuff.

Well in that case you might want to use one of them little ball thingies. I'm sure there are a few folks here who have cut them off and would be glad to mail you one.

Anybody?

Go to a fabric store and look for some kind of nylon or plastic gizmo meant for outerwear that would do the trick. Or you could try a outdoors or even a crafts place.

911_abuser:
I uh, well am most unfortunatly missing some parts of the fingers on my left hand and articulating the cord like you said is not easily done.

AND I KNOW I KNOW MISSING FINGERS ARE NOT DIR !!! just joking about the DIR stuff.

How will you mix the kool aid then? Maybe you get the pre-mixed stuff?? :D

You rock.

Lengthening the string helps a lot. Don't loop it - but a plastic bead will work very well.

K

The destructions on my vector say that the knob on the end of the lower dump valve has positive bouyancy (the upper having negative bouyancy), so that it will float above the vest when using the dump in a head-down position.

Now, I don't know how useful this is, but if you subscribe to this design theory then perhaps you might consider using one of those floaty key saver things you can get at boat chandlers and dive or fishing shops. Or if the bouyancy thing isn't of any advantage, then try getting some free key rings from local businesses - any doctor will have a large collection of these from drug companies and it doesn't really matter if the advertising won't survive contact with water.

Just some thoughts...

Cheers,

K.

911_abuser:
So im loving my new eclipse just one thing though. The dump at the bottom has no knob/thing to pull on. I was thinking of taking one off my old BC and putting it on there however I wanted somethiing with a more DISTINCT feel, something that when I grab onto it I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE RIGHT AWAY. So I was bored I decided to look through this junk/tools box and found a few items i thought would work. Let me know what you think or what you have done.
Email the guys at Dive-Rite or OMS - tell them what you need and why and they might give you a pull ball just for the grins.

service@diverite.com
Info@OMSdive.com

Better yet, try Halcyon and see if they can supply. Or if you bought from a shop, they might have something around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom