Exmouth to Perth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrrworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We will be diving in Ningaloo in mid-May and then driving to Perth from Exmouth. We have about 4 or 5 days to make some stops along the way, see some sites. Any recommendations for diving on the way to Perth or is it all in Ningaloo? Thanks,

Thanks, Wingy. Website was good. Is Ningaloo Reef so big that the diving there from Exmouth is different than the diving from Coral Bay?

Thanks, Wingy. Website was good. Is Ningaloo Reef so big that the diving there from Exmouth is different than the diving from Coral Bay?

You know..that's a really good question I'd never thought about. To me the entire peninsula from coral bay up is the reef - Coral Bay is just "the town" plonked their for fishermen and navy guys. There's nothing I've noticed more corally or gardenish than say Janes bay or Maud's...I've just always by default dived where my dad did in the 70s ... I'd avoid coral bay for purchasing anything as it's kinda ridiculously expensive. Most of the glass bottom boat/snorkel and shudder quad bike type tours run out of coral bay. There's an Oyster spit near Doddies Bay...have a poke around there. I really dislike shore diving but I'd shore dive there any day...shore diving with a whale shark is kinda cool.

But yes...it's big...worlds second I think largest fringing reef plus it's a dual reef system so you have lots of reef at your disposal.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom