Experience with m.zuiko 12-40mm lense u/w?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ulrich

New
Reaction score
Hi folks,

having found this forum only recently, I have to admit it's a great source and I enjoyed reading a lot!

I'm planning to upgrade from my uw compact camera to one of the OMD's. Does anyone have experience with the 12-40mm lense f2.8 uw? There are hardly any reviews on the internet but for a few comments here. Is there a reason that so few people use it?

I will buy it as a great lens for shooting on land and given the f2.8 and great quality would consider it as a first lens for uw as well (some WA reef, turtles, sharks, fish portrait, maybe capable of mild macro?). I would complement it with a WA lens shortly, maybe a macro some time in the future but I'm more interested in big stuff, reefs, wrecks...

Any recommendations for a dome port? I'm considering the 170mm Zen. Drawbacks are of course the price and size but it accommodates WA lenses, so only one port needed, except for real macro.

Only alternative would be to start with 9-18mm only, less expensive 4" port, though less flexible. I'm however a bit concerned about image quality if not stepped down (ambient light).

Thanks a lot for any experience shared,

Ulrich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom