Exploring some nearby lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

The Weekday Diver email list that Fishdiver organized brought together a bunch of people for dive trips. Maybe we need a Lake Diver email list. I've been to Tahoe, Natomas, and Berryessa. I'd like to do some Sierra lake dives once it warms up. It's a long drive, but I heard Whiskeytown is a great dive.

Count me in if you pull together a trip.

Steve

Interested. I've only been to Tahoe but I'm sure there is good freshwater diving in the area.

Went up to Sugar Pine to do some top side scouting. Took my computer with me so I could get temperatures. The road up is completely clear and only snow I saw was in heavily shaded areas. Quite a few people up there compared to my November outings. I believe I saw something that the lake was going to be restocked this year. Air temperature was 54 and the water temp was 46.

I'm gonna look at getting a mailing list together and maybe even a wiki so we can make notes about the various spots.

keep in mind sugar pine is an altitude dive, and cell service is spotty at best. In an emergency it is possible to get a call out from the upper parking lot.

I'll go along with ya Mike, beats driving all the way to the coast for a day trip.

keep in mind sugar pine is an altitude dive, and cell service is spotty at best. In an emergency it is possible to get a call out from the upper parking lot.
Hmmm, I'll check the cell service at the upper lot this weekend.

I'll go along with ya Mike, beats driving all the way to the coast for a day trip.

That's a lot of it. Sometimes I just wanna get wet.

Anyone interested in diving Berryessa? I know its a crappy mud hole but that never stopped me from diving Folsom. Any takers?

Back
Top Bottom