Express tech, tank too high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board.
There is another pretty long thread on the ET you might find interesting as well.

One early addition I made to my Express Tech was to add a metal tri-glide on each strap so that I could NOT over tighten the shoulders. They are stopped by the oval metal ring that your strap slides through. Now, the position of your tank is adjusted by your crotch strap.

Why doesn't the Express Tech Deluxe come with strap keepers and crotch strap? They seem essential to the design. I've just spent four very uncomfortable first dives with mine. On the surface I could barely keep my head above water as the waist strap kept riding up to chest level. Underwater I kept banging my head on the first stage. As noted in this thread, tightening the waist strap only has the effect of shortening the shoulder straps.

I can probably find the strap keepers here in Thailand but the crotch strap will be difficult as shipping from the US is very expensive.

Any ideas? At the moment I'm not looking forward to my next dive with this BCD.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...first-last-bc-most-will-ever-need-want-3.html post number 24, you can make your own crotch strap. All you need is webbing, similar to weightbelt and a couple of triglides or weight keepers.

I can probably find the strap keepers here in Thailand but the crotch strap will be difficult as shipping from the US is very expensive.

Any ideas? At the moment I'm not looking forward to my next dive with this BCD.

I know this is an old thread, but I was thumbing through the archives looking for just this info. I was wondering why I was snugging up my waist buckle during my dive as well as bumping my head on my reg with my express tech. I thought I had been down on a shallow reef dive so long I was starting to lose weight... :) The tri-glides on the shoulder side of the plate loop were a great idea, Pete. Thanks again. Scubaboard strikes again.....

Thanks for the more than kind words, guys! As a late caveat... I exchanged the metal tri-glides for the much thicker plastic ones. They don't sneak through the slides at all. :D

Back
Top Bottom