Extra warmth options under 3mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB in Florida? do they sell them in state?

BHB in Florida? do they sell them in state?
BHB is the Blue Heron Bridge Marine Park ....
If the Thermalution is as good as it sounds, I expect Pura vida dive shop will pick this up and sell here in south florida.....Check back late tomorrow :)

Sandra is testing one of these tomorrow, on a macro dive at the BHB.....I will let everyone know how well it works!

Can't wait to hear! If these things work as well as they say, this could be a revolution. :) They sure are cheaper than a dry suit! And honestly, I LIKE diving wet. I can usually handle pretty cold water for relatively long dives, but every now and then I just get so chilled that I find myself wanting to end the dive...and I don't like that. This could be the solution I've been looking for. I'll know soon enough!

hi mate i would suggest using a two piece wetsuit i assure you that your warm the whole day :) try to see this site Apnea Legend wetsuit, 5 mm, X-Large | eBay

Sandra's forst test day on the Thermalution showed amazing results....She was not only toasty warm on the 3.5 hour dive ( turned the unit on 1 hour into dive) , but when she was rinsing gear off afterwards, when she would usually be freezing, the thermalution kept her warm then as well.

We plan on testing this with progressively thinner layers of wet suits.

The Thermalution appears much like a lycra short sleeve shirt, and is quite comfortable. It has a little pocket about where each of our kidneys are, for the high tech batteries about the size of a small mp3 player. They connect with a wet plug to the shirt, and to the heating element in the shirt..you feel the heat from it, but not the shape or texture....it just feels like a shirt...but a really warm shirt :)

There is a controller that runs the length of your wetsuit arm, and Sandra has coming out on top of her wrist....this is to turn the heater on or off, or to go from low, medium or high temperature.
We will take some pictures, and make a complete report in SFDJ.com I also believe Pura vida dive shop will take them on as a line, as they were very excited about this also.

YAY! Thanks for sharing Dan! I'm SOOO happy to hear that the first test went well. Now I'm even more excited to try mine out next weekend. I'll be doing 8 dives in two days in water that is probably in the range of the mid-50's, so without the vest I'm sure I'd be miserable by day 2 without a dry suit.

I'll post my results here as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom