Faber Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suspect that if they look good inside then they are good. nothing wrong with lp tanks they are very forgiving creatures. wouldnt think twice about making twin 65's. ill take them if you dont want them. get all your money back and tanks to boot.

2, 65 cf, 2400 psi
2, 98 cf, 2400 psi and
1, 112 cf, 2400

They're great tanks and I'd keep them all.

The 65's are really nice for easy dives. Depending on your air usage, you should be able to easily get an hour if you're not going too deep or working too hard. and they weigh about half as much as the 98's.

The 98's are great for pretty much anything as singles. I had mine manifolded, but as I got older, my joints started complaining about 100+ lbs of steel so I took them apart.

The best part is that because a full + rated fill is 2640, you can get an awesome fill anywhere even if the banks are low.

flots.

Awesome deal. The 98s would be heavy manifolded but doubling those 65s makes some decent volume in a cute little package.

From a tech diver this statement puzzles me ????

What is puzzling you?? The fact that I did not opt for 4000+ psi cylinders?

What is puzzling you?? The fact that I did not opt for 4000+ psi cylinders?

It is that a LP 100 WITH A 2400+10% = 2640 PSI is the same as or = to hp100 with a 3300PSI give or take PS so IMHO it is the same volume of air

I live in a metric world, thus some educate might be required. The internal volume of a 100cft tank (hp or lp) still stays 100cft. Is this correct??

How come 100 (cft) multiplied by the pressure (2640 vs 3300) come to the same amount air volume?

As mentioned, I live in a metric world. My understanding is that 100cft relates to around 13 liters (water capacity). Thus 13*182bar (or2640psi) = 2366 liters of air and 13*227bar (or3300psi) = 2951 liters of air, thus a diff of 585 liters of air. In my world that a lot of gas that relates to an additional 16min of gas at 65ft!!!

I hope you can educate me here if I don't understand the imperial and cft/psi thing. Thanks

I live in a metric world, thus some educate might be required. The internal volume of a 100cft tank (hp or lp) still stays 100cft. Is this correct??

How come 100 (cft) multiplied by the pressure (2640 vs 3300) come to the same amount air volume?

As mentioned, I live in a metric world. My understanding is that 100cft relates to around 13 liters (water capacity). Thus 13*182bar (or2640psi) = 2366 liters of air and 13*227bar (or3300psi) = 2951 liters of air, thus a diff of 585 liters of air. In my world that a lot of gas that relates to an additional 16min of gas at 65ft!!!

I hope you can educate me here if I don't understand the imperial and cft/psi thing. Thanks

it has nothing to do with metric versus imperial. i think you're making the wrong assumption that both tanks have the same volume. if two tanks have the same capacity (100cft) but with different psi, then the tank with the higher psi will be smaller compared to the other tank. for an extreme example, imagine how large a tank would have to be to hold 100cft of air at one psi.

100ft3 is 2832L, so no, it is not the internal volume of the tank.

For example, if you had a full LP100 tank (i.e. sitting at its designated service pressure, in this case 2640psi) and allowed this gas to decompress to atmospheric pressure, it would expand to occupy a volume of 100ft3.

furthermore, if you had an HP100 tank sitting at its designated service pressure of 3442psi and allowed this gas to decompress to atmospheric pressure, it would expand to occupy a volume of 100ft3 as well.

In other words, the high pressure tank has a smaller internal volume, but the internal volume is not commonly used in the imperial system.

---------- Post added August 1st, 2013 at 12:11 PM ----------

it has nothing to do with metric versus imperial. i think you're making the wrong assumption that both tanks have the same volume. if two tanks have the same capacity (100cft) but with different psi, then the tank with the higher psi will be smaller compared to the other tank. for an extreme example, imagine how large a tank would have to be to hold 100cft of air at one psi.

I think it is related to metric vs. imperial, since in the metric system, tank capacity is normally given in internal (water) volume, which I think is where the confusion is coming from.

Thanks for the explanations, I believe I now have a better understanding. Would it then be accurate to say that 1cft = 28.23liters of air?

100cft would then roughly translate to a 12l 232bar cylinder?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom