Failure: When to Start Again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:popcorn:

Your profile states that you've already been doing shore diving, even though you indicate you're not currently certified. Could this be a troll? At least you're not sky diving...

Maybe we shouldnt jump to conclusions until hes posted more then once here, hmm?

I wouldn't jump to conclusion about trolling, yet. There are many folks who are diving without certification, more than I realized in the past. Tanks are filled without questions, and he's already got the gears. I think his profile said something about Padi level 1, which is maybe like a resort diver, who could dive with a divemaster.... So it is not too far from the truth.

I think most instructors would take a failed student again in the next class. It is very possible that it was a university class, and can not be repeated simply by going on the next OW dive. I've met a few students who have just failed to complete their OW dives satisfactory... and just never took the time to get it in again.

I wouldn't jump to conclusion about trolling, yet. There are many folks who are diving without certification, more than I realized in the past. Tanks are filled without questions, and he's already got the gears. I think his profile said something about Padi level 1, which is maybe like a resort diver, who could dive with a divemaster.... So it is not too far from the truth.

I think most instructors would take a failed student again in the next class. It is very possible that it was a university class, and can not be repeated simply by going on the next OW dive. I've met a few students who have just failed to complete their OW dives satisfactory... and just never took the time to get it in again.

Looking through past posts, it seems as if the issue was learning the tables. Profile indicates shore diving, doesnt seem like resort, mostly lakes. Should be an interesting read...

What's wrong with sky diving? That **** is fun.

I was just thinking of that old saying: "If at first you dont succeed, then sky diving is not for you"

If the tables are a problem, you can contact NetDoc on this board. I believe he is willing to teach without using them. I think some other agency (perhaps SSI?) will also do this.

Although I am not a believer in computers, I don't think you have to be able to work the tables to dive safely.

In 2 hours you have 10 (now 11) offers to help out. Is this a great community or what. I almost didn't make it through the 200 yard swim. Now I swim every day. I watched the DVD so much that by the time I did my confined water dives I could almost quote the whole thing.
So what was your issue. One guy in my confined water class had problems equalizing his ears. Somebody else had problems breathing underwater sans mask. The skill that gave me nightmares before I did it was the CESA. Even though I did it in my confined water dive with no problems, I was still worried about actually doing it from 30 feet. All went fine though.
I'm sure that we all have stories about something that went wrong or gave us problems during our training. Did I mention that my tank almost slipped out? Funny story, actually.
Steve.

Back
Top Bottom