Fairy's big Sydney adventure.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fairy - you wouldn't believe how many of us are diving vicariously through you. Go! Girl! And we want to see ALL the photos when you get back.

DC

Well, a Sydney boat dive turns out to be quite a different animal than any boat dive I've ever been on anywhere else.:rofl3:It's more like a combination shore and boat dive. You don your gear and walk 33 miles to the shore, wade in and climb up into this pontoon like boat. TG there were a lot of men around to help me up in Almity1's steel tank. :rofl3:Then you do a back roll into the water. We did the Mimni Trench and I saw a humongous cuttlefish and a wobegon shark. Way cool!!

Sorry, no UW photos of mine because I flooded my camera on the first dive of the GBR. :confused:I have some land ones from Sydney but Almity1 is going to burn a CD of the UW photos for me.

I have to tell you, the Almitys have been taking very good care of me. I am eternally grateful because this has been the best part of my trip.

Diving sounds much better than I thought it was in the south....but that water is still cold:shakehead:....and it sounds like you are having a blast....glad you had such a good time.....perhaps it is time for me to plan another trip to the GBR:14:.

well the Fairy has left the building... and almity1 is now free to run aboot the house nekkid :wink:

poor Fairy, after enduring the traditional pig out chinese dinner with the family (which almity1 was at pains to explain was not HIS family :D) she had a early night for her god awlful 5.30am wakeup for the bus shuttle and is now on her way to the airport :multi:

i wished the weather was more helpful but i think we packed a fair amount into the few days here AND she got out to party with the lovely Neets.... despite the fact that i drove into her car on saturday arvo :crying:

she has pics, i have pics and hubby has pics so we have to co-ordinate them over the next few days to show and tell

sorry - no pics of her butt being pinched :wink:

It was a fun adventure to follow-thanks to both of you

well the Fairy has left the building... and almity1 is now free to run aboot the house nekkid :wink:

poor Fairy, after enduring the traditional pig out chinese dinner with the family (which almity1 was at pains to explain was not HIS family :D) she had a early night for her god awlful 5.30am wakeup for the bus shuttle and is now on her way to the airport :multi:

i wished the weather was more helpful but i think we packed a fair amount into the few days here AND she got out to party with the lovely Neets.... despite the fact that i drove into her car on saturday arvo :crying:

she has pics, i have pics and hubby has pics so we have to co-ordinate them over the next few days to show and tell

sorry - no pics of her butt being pinched :wink:
Oh No!! ... You dented the turbo shopping cart! :11:

heh, send her over here .. I know a good body man :wink:

sounds like all had fun, you're some great hosts :D

Here I am at a FREE internet kiosk in the Sydney airport!! Yippee. I love free internet.

Almitywife keeps saying "Poor Fairy" but I'm the one who put them out this week. Ran the poor wife ragged dragging me here and there and the Almity1 was sooo attentive as a buddy. I think he checked on me every minute. I guess he didn't want to be the one responsible for another Open Water movie.:rofl3:

Couldn't have asked for better hosts. I know I must have been quite the instrusion but they sure made me feel at home.

Scott, Sydney diving is awesome. Dare I say that it surpassed the GBR in things I have NEVER seen before. And the Almitys say it was crap diving. You should go in Jan or Feb, they say.

Water was cold. 66 my computer said. I did get cold in the 5-4-3 one piece wetsuit with a 5/3 hooded vest and 3mm gloves. Next time I will take the 7mm.

Neets is a cutie and any guy would be the lucky one to snag her. But you must be good to her because she is a precious jewel and the Almitys and I will thrash anyone who mistreats the love. Not including those who smash her shopping trolley.

Thanks again Loraine and Theo. Friends for life from across the seas.

got some pics!! (and i forgot my camera when we went to the wildlife farm so Fairy will haev to share those)

Fairy with almity-santa
Santa.jpg

we took the ferry into town and first sighting of the Opera House as we are sailing under the bridge
Bridge2.jpg

Operahouse1.jpg

the Sydney Harbour bridge
Bridge1-1.jpg

Neets and Fairy off for a night on the town
MX51.jpg

MX52.jpg

waiting for the dive boat to arrive
Boat.jpg

people couldnt help themselves but try to touch her butt (or bottom of her tank :wink:)
Boat1-1.jpg

and on the boat and ready to go
Boat3.jpg

Scott, Sydney diving is awesome. Dare I say that it surpassed the GBR in things I have NEVER seen before. And the Almitys say it was crap diving. You should go in Jan or Feb, they say.

Water was cold. 66 my computer said. I did get cold in the 5-4-3 one piece wetsuit with a 5/3 hooded vest and 3mm gloves. Next time I will take the 7mm.

Neets is a cutie and any guy would be the lucky one to snag her. But you must be good to her because she is a precious jewel and the Almitys and I will thrash anyone who mistreats the love.
Yikes....66 degrees:shakehead:.....good to hear you saw some great stuff.

Ellen how was the Nimrod?....I am thinking maybe next December doing the Spirit of Freedom and back to Heron Island....and who is Neets?:eyebrow:....I can always make time for Sydney:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom