Fantasy Island Feb 20-27 - FREE NITROX CLASS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, this wasn't discussed before. This is a recent development due to a change in travel times. She was originally coming in on Sunday on an early flight in time to make the ferry connctions easy. Now its Thursday, and a later flight, which throws a wrench in the plan.
Ok, I see now that you did have a thread last month something alone these lines and got info on the ferry, but I think I was confused about a couple of other threads. I'll post something on new one on main forum.

bla blah blah - just pack your dive gear, buy a ticket, book your room, get on the plane, and then go diving in roatan. pretty easy to undertand!!
have a fun trip ken..

jdj

Yeah, if I weren't the "trip leader" I probably wouldnt care much, but there is some expectation that I get there reasonably close with the rest of the group. NBD either way since many of the folks have been there before. (Some of our group are getting there much earlier - one on the TACA flight gets in around 8:30)...
I guess the other concern is that I hate to be on the last DL flight of the day and have my luggage not arrive (with no chance for the ATL folks to remedy that on a subsequent flight).
I have baggage delay insurance, but that still doesnt get me my nice comfy BCD and split fins..

Hey Jim, For what you paid for your rebreather, I could take at least five trips to Roatan! Too bad you're not coming along. It would be fun to have you. If you forgot how to dive on a regular air tank, I could offer a refresher course (at a nominal fee of course)....

Gawd, if I was one of those mortals who had to pay $25 for his second 50# bag, I suppose I could cut back - but I'm allowed 3 - 70# bags so I'm cool. One is a little under 70, one a little under 50, and the rest goes in my roll-on and computer bag. I'll check the roll-on on the return but not on the way as it has the most essential stuff. Really, it'd be wise to move a lot to a third bag, then put the roll-on inside it and use clothes for padding, but nah - I'll just pack the delicate stuff currently in the roll-on differently in the big bags for the return.

Both of my dive computers and my CO analyzer use the same battery so I keep a new one on hand. Never dreamed that a computer and the CO monitor would both die at once. :shocked2: I stuck the new one in the CO monitor, ordered several more on ebay, then learned of the computer problem - stuck an old one in it for now. Guess I need to swing my Wallyworld tomorrow.

Gawd!
speechless-smiley-004.gif
As many times as I have packed, I still end up with "Now where is the jacket and shirt I am wearing Saturday?!" I'm leaving Friday for my daughter's and taking those with me, leaving my heavier coat, etc the pickup. Searched the house, then unpacked all the bags,
speechless-smiley-033.gif
then searched the house again, then repacked the bags. I've tried taking notes; didn't seem to help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom