Fantasy Island...Here We Come!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have experience at getting in the manager's face in the middle of the lobby there once. It helped.

I'm sure it helped...and made you feel better, right :confused: And I know Pamdiver was frustrated as well, and I don't blame her. My room was right next to hers and I went through the same water issues. After the second day of not being able to take a good hot shower I was VERY aggravated. I didn't "get in the manager's face", but I did politely ask him if there was any chance our water would be repaired any time soon. He was horrified! His room was on the first floor right below ours and he had no issues with water at all. He was unaware of the problem. Within an hour of the time I brought it to his attention, I was taking a LOOOOOOOOONG hot shower and all was right with the world :D

Yes, Fantasy Island has some issues, and yes, that week was difficult on many levels, but I have every confidence that the next time I return things will be MUCH better. I'm not willing to give up a fabulous dive destination because of a few hiccups with a change of management. We'll see...

Oh I tried the polite approach first. Hiccups happen, some take a little time, some more, and some take more action. :wink:

Within an hour of the time I brought it to his attention, I was taking a LOOOOOOOOONG hot shower and all was right with the world :D

It is good they got the water heater worked out for you but in all honesty, on an island with a limited fresh water supply and energy costs 3-4 times that of the north american average, In this day and age where so many try to be environmentally aware and responsible, is there any need to take a "LOOOOOOOOONG hot shower "?

When RECO was at its worst since we have owned our home it was never really much an an issue to bathe the old fashioned way , good old buckets and a washcloth. It's not like the water is ever really cold to start with
RoaApril2008177.jpg

It is good they got the water heater worked out for you but in all honesty, on an island with a limited fresh water supply and energy costs 3-4 times that of the north american average, In this day and age where so many try to be environmentally aware and responsible, is there any need to take a "LOOOOOOOOONG hot shower "?

When RECO was at its worst since we have owned our home it was never really much an an issue to bathe the old fashioned way , good old buckets and a washcloth. It's not like the water is ever really cold to start with
RoaApril2008177.jpg

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: .... ya got me! But every now and then ladies DO need to shave their legs :D

Actually, Fantasy Island is not on the RECO grid at all...they are completely self-sufficient. But I do realize that conservation is still an issue :kiss2:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: .... ya got me! But every now and then ladies DO need to shave their legs :D

Actually, Fantasy Island is not on the RECO grid at all...they are completely self-sufficient. But I do realize that conservation is still an issue :kiss2:

I never suggested they were on the RECO Grid, I mentioned RECO due to My experiences but running those generators is still quite costly and inefficient and much more expensive than the average electrical costs in North America. They are not on Solar or wind power. Shaving is certainly no excuse, a little trickle will rinse the blade unless maybe you wait for the sasquatch thing and shower only weekly or so, then of course the looooonnnnggggg shower every week or so probably equals out.

I never suggested they were on the RECO Grid, I mentioned RECO due to My experiences but running those generators is still quite costly and inefficient and much more expensive than the average electrical costs in North America. They are not on Solar or wind power. Shaving is certainly no excuse, a little trickle will rinse the blade unless maybe you wait for the sasquatch thing and shower only weekly or so, then of course the looooonnnnggggg shower every week or so probably equals out.

Sasquatch...yeah, that's what I'm shooting for :shocked2:

Hey All!
Just want to let you know there may be more going on here...I talked with my travel agent and he's waiting for a response from FI...but we did not pay $499 for the bad service we received. Evidently FI said you only got that discount if you arrived after Nov 1st...Hmm...Obviously that's not true because your group (cajundiva) arrived on the same day we did. I will post the results of my travel agents queries as soon as FI deems to respond. I feel my allegiance is to all the other divers out there and I will NOT recommend other divers to book at Fantasy Island.

Pam,

I am sorry to hear your issues especially with all that we tried to do for your group during your stay. I do know that some members of your group have contacted me and were very happy with the outcome. With that being said you must have booked your trip either with the old US booking agent or before the special was offered. I am not sure who your booked your trip through since no one has contacted our office about this. Perhaps you could have them call us at 888-503-6030.

By the way you will need to get me your email address so I can send over all of the photos I took of you and your group having fun on the sunset cruise.

Rich
Fantasy Island Resort

Hi Rich, I won't debate this publicly with you but those issues weren't mine and it wasn't just one person. I will say that Larry and Debbie had a great time with you when you tried to get them to the zipline after the activities person screwed up. I've said what I've needed and this issue is now closed. Time to move on.

Thanks Pam I do appreciate that as I was not trying to start a debate I just wanted to make sure that your information got to the right people. I also just wanted to get you the pictures that you said you wanted. If you would still like them please email me (I think you have my card) or send me a pm through the board.

Thank you
Rich

Fantasy Island Resort

Back
Top Bottom