Fantasy Island...Here We Come!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to tell you guys about the most AMAZING thing that happened on our recent dive trip. We were on the way out to Calvin's Crack, which is one of the most distant dive sites from Fantasy Island. A little over halfway there, someone noticed a dolphin breaking the surface...then another...then another. We ended up in the middle of the largest pod of dolphins I could imagine - there were hundreds of them! We could see dolphins all around us and many of them came to ride the bow wake of the boat. Our captain and divemaster didn't pass up the opportunity to interact with them. They circled the boat numerous times to keep playing with the playful pod. We even saw babies swimming along with their mothers. This was one of those chance encounters that you don't ever expect to experience and I'm grateful we had the opportunity :D

My videos didn't come out great, but ScubaSon is going to be working on compiling his videos this weekend and hopefully he will get some images up here for you guys...

I forgot to tell you guys about the most AMAZING thing that happened on our recent dive trip. We were on the way out to Calvin's Crack, which is one of the most distant dive sites from Fantasy Island. A little over halfway there, someone noticed a dolphin breaking the surface...then another...then another. We ended up in the middle of the largest pod of dolphins I could imagine - there were hundreds of them! We could see dolphins all around us and many of them came to ride the bow wake of the boat. Our captain and divemaster didn't pass up the opportunity to interact with them. They circled the boat numerous times to keep playing with the playful pod. We even saw babies swimming along with their mothers. This was one of those chance encounters that you don't ever expect to experience and I'm grateful we had the opportunity :D

It is these types of things that make me continue to wonder why people pay for dolphin encounters, shark dives, stingray petting places etc.. Kind of of like taking a safari balloon ride over the San diego zoo

It is these types of things that make me continue to wonder why people pay for dolphin encounters, shark dives, stingray petting places etc.. Kind of of like taking a safari balloon ride over the San diego zoo

I hear ya buddy! But this is really not the kind of thing you would expect to encounter on a regular basis...it was PHENOMENAL :clapping:

I agree the catering people were excellent. But others in my group had problems with the activities coordinator and the housekeeping staff. I'm sure the improvements on the structures will be great but it would have been more effective to get all the new people up to speed and fix the shower pressure issue (some people had showers that spouted water, some had showers that dribbled). I also had some non-divers in the group and the activities the hotel boasted about online were not available. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) I doubt anyone in our group would go to that hotel again nor recommend it. Oh well, there are many more places to visit! Good diving to you!

I agree the catering people were excellent. But others in my group had problems with the activities coordinator and the housekeeping staff. I'm sure the improvements on the structures will be great but it would have been more effective to get all the new people up to speed and fix the shower pressure issue (some people had showers that spouted water, some had showers that dribbled). I also had some non-divers in the group and the activities the hotel boasted about online were not available. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) I doubt anyone in our group would go to that hotel again nor recommend it. Oh well, there are many more places to visit! Good diving to you!

:cool2:Kind of paraphrasing P.T. Barnam----You can "please" all of the people some of the time, You can "please" some of the people all of the time, but you just can't "please" all of the people all of the time.:mooner:

Sorry to hear you were displeased...you sure seemed to be having a great time every time I saw you :wink:

I have experience at getting in the manager's face in the middle of the lobby there once. It helped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom