Favorite Bonaire Dive Sites, & other Info??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish it was MAY!!! I appreciate all the input ... I may have a telephone book of info by the time I actually go - but keep it coming!! (Although I don't think I'm quite up to Submariner's sugestion of bring dry ice packed meat!!)

Pettifogger - can't find anything about the Deep Blue View being up for sale .... I thibk the current owners only purchased it a few years ago, and I can find (on-line) 3 different sets of owners listed ...

yeah, it looks like Ester and Menno sold it... I thought about buying it while I was there and took a tour of the property. It was a very nice place, if memory serves me correctly... You should have a great time!

WRT diving the salt pier - we never asked anyone, nor did we dive it with the Pink Bus (I have heard rumors that the pink bus may be a thing of the past...It was still there when I was last on the island, however) Check out bonairetalk.com for more info than you can handle...

Very curious Pettifogger - we just booked with Menno on Monday (or Tuesday?) this week ..... if you find any info on this - please let me know...

Kathy

Diver Kat:
Very curious Pettifogger - we just booked with Menno on Monday (or Tuesday?) this week ..... if you find any info on this - please let me know...

Kathy

I would not worry about it. As far as I know, Menno and Esther did not sell (status last week). Menno just invested in new diving equipment and made improvements on the house (new lockers, new drive way, ...). I've asked Menno to comment at a similar question on BonaireTalk.

Peter

Thanks Peter ..... I appreciate the information. Our initial reaction to the correspondence via e-mail with Menno was so positive, that I hated to think of the possibility I would not be dealing with the same person we had started the process with. Menno made such a great first impression on us! :sun_smile

Hi Kat,

reply from Menno (quote from BonaireTalk)

"Do not worry, Alan & Kathleen. We did not sell the Deep Blue View B&B, and we do not want to sell it. We just bought it a little over a year ago.

See you in May,
Menno & Esther
The Deep Blue View B&B. "

Is "Diver Kat", Kathleen?

Thanks again Peter ... saw the comments by both you & Menno over on BonaireTalk. And yes, the formal name is Kathleen, the nickname is Kathy or Kat .....

I didn't mean to cause any alarm...My original intent was to allude to the fact that you will want to buy the place (or any place in Bonaire) after visiting - without checking whether or not it was still for sale. There was a time (6-8 mos ago, maybe that was the last time I checked) that it was for sale and I toured the place over two years ago...Two prices - one for just the house, one for the house and all the gear and stuff...I don't remember who owned it when I toured, it may have been someone else and then Menno and Ester actually bought it from them and no-one ever bothered to take down the websites concerning the offer for sale... It happens.

In any event, you will have a great time...Bring a good underwater flashlight...

Well I just checked over at Bonairetalk and I was right...Menno bought the place about a year ago...They are the current owners. It was for sale when I was there, Menno bought it after I was there, and apparently it just took a really long time for the websites to take down the "for sale" signs...

If it wasn't two planes and at least 7 hours away (inc. layovers in PR or Jamaica), I would be there every weekend...

Pettifogger .... not to worry ... I was originally thinking that it might be something left out there from a past "for sale" listing - but just concerned in case it was about to swtich hands. On Bonaire Talk, Menno was very reassuring that him & Esther aren't planning on going anywhere....

I'm not looking forward to the 2 planes - 6 hour flight for us, but from everyone's comments so far, I have the feeling after this first trip, I'll be trying to get back again any way I can!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom