Favorite class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k ellis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok I know there is a lot of debate on which specialties is worth it ETC. But the question I have is during your classes for certs and specialties which one did you have the most fun in while diving open water :)

Most fun? Trimix. Not because I'm a depth junkie, but because the dives were superb (some of the best I'd ever done, class or otherwise).

I have enjoyed all my in water course work to date.....I like the Rescue program as much as any.....also my most challenging was my Adv. Trimix program....it by far was the toughest. My DM course was ok....just took awhile to complete.

I really enjoyed the instructor class but before that, I loved the underwater navigation and mapping class I took for MSD. It was a lot of fun doing different patterns underwater. I really liked taking the notes underwater and then converting them to detailed maps back on land. Really cool!

yep, Rescue would have been my fav

it was hard work but so well worth it! the type of course i would be happy to redo every few years

I have to agree that the Rescue Diver is the most rewarding. Yes, it was challenging and at times even scary (what a wuss :) ), but it taught me a lot about myself and things to look for in my diving as well as the 'looking after others' aspect. Rescue Diver has to be the most useful class out there.

There is talk here (Dubai) of offering quarterly Rescue updates, and once per year will actually involve the emergency services (including helicopter evacuation), making the scenarios very real. The coastguard are very keen to do this - they need training too after all. I will certainly be interested in taking part. It might be worth you instructors in other areas contacting local coastguard people to see if they would also be amenable to this.

Before Rescue, I got a lot out of Peak Precision Buoyancy. For the first time, I actually got the hang of hovering. :wink:

Hhhhhmmmmmm, well I loved the reading and tests in my DM class, but my favorite was the Rescue Class during the search and rescue with the beach entry and exit with high waves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom