Favorite dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Thunderbolt off of Marathon in the Florida Keys. To start the dive we do a slow pass looking for the mooring buoy which is submerged 15' underwater to keep fisherman from tying up to the wreck (great idea...divers will jump in and swim down to the buoy, but no fisherman will do this!). I jump in and do the honors of tying off. We go down the line to the wreck at about 90' and there, waiting for us at the bottom of the line is a jewfish that was easily 6' long. We were told by the LDS there that what we saw was the smaller of the two that frequent this wreck and weighed in around 300-400 lbs. He followed us around the whole dive no more than 10 feet away. We also saw a few large tarpon during that dive.

Excellent...I love those dives that aren't a destination of the cattle boats, er, I mean commercial dive boats. :winkbl:

caymaniac once bubbled...
Anywhere on Bloody Bay Wall - Little Cayman.

Caymaniac :)

I used to agree. Now I'd say Whale Shark dives off Utila or anywhere they are in season.

Or the Aquariam off North Utila, if you like the wildlife. For more than I've seen in seasons of dives of 'the wall' off Little Cayman, but they might be scared away by divers . . .

My first real blue water dive - the barrier reef in Belize (everything else previously was lake or river) - everything just seemed amazing .....even though the weather was rainy/cloudy, the "expert" diver (or so he thought) was hurling everywhere between dives and had the buoyancy skills of a rock, it didn't make any difference once I dropped down into the clear blue water and was able to see everything around me ....... I think it will always be hard to beat the thrill of that first dive.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom