Favorite Movies & Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found this site that lets you swap some of you old or unwanted books with other members for free the site is called 'supaswap dot info'

Hope this helps

Since there was a mention of documentary type movies I thought I would add a few of these:

• [imdb]Into the Deep[/imdb] - 1994 IMAX Documentary
  • [imdb]Coral Reef Adventure[/imdb] - 2003 IMAX Documentary
  • [imdb]Dolphins[/imdb] - 2000 IMAX Documentary
  • [imdb]The Living Sea[/imdb] - 1995 IMAX Documentary
  • [imdb]Under The Sea 3D[/imdb] - 2009 IMAX Documentary
  • [imdb]Journey Into Amazing Caves[/imdb] - 2003 IMAX Documentary
  • [imdb]Deep Sea 3D[/imdb] - 2006 IMAX Documentary
  • [imdb]The Abyss[/imdb] - 1989 Fiction
  • [imdb]Diving The Florida Keys: A Video Guide[/imdb] - 2006 Documentary
  • [imdb]The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau[/imdb] - TV Series 1966-76
  • [imdb]Around The World Under The Sea[/imdb] - 1966 Fiction

Last edited:
Excellent! Thank you for the lists & info. I am also watching the old tv series "Sea Hunt". :)

Deep Sea Detectives

Not a movie but a great TV series and available from Netflix (you can stream many of the episodes).

-- Gary

The Big Blue was nominated for César Awards and won César Award for Best Music Written for a Film (Eric Serra) and Best Sound in 1989. The film also won France's National Academy of Cinema's Academy Award in 1989 and film was screened out of competition at the 1988 Cannes Film Festival....this is the peculiar information about the movie

Tanny15 you are right about the recognition.
Also there are three versions of the the film. The American release at 118 mins., the French release at 132 mins., and the directors cut at 168 mins. The directors cut is the worst. Too long and loses of focus. The shorter versions just "works" better.

Watch and Enjoy,
mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom