Feature request — Dive simulation for training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm afraid you are wrong. Perdix has a resettable avg depth in Gauge Mode, which is helpful if you want to dive tables á la GUE. There is also a timer in both Gauge Mode and Tech Mode, those are the two I use so it might be available in other modes too. The timer can be quite useful if you want to practice timing ascents, and it probably has some other nice uses cases I haven't thought of.

PS.
If you want to use the timer in the Tech Mode you have to set it up on the middle row. Then when diving, "Start Timer" appears in the menu pretty early on. If timer is running, you will also get "Reset Timer" and "Stop Timer" options in the menu. The timer turns red when stopped to alert you that it's not running. It's pretty basic stuff, so the OP should be able to try it out on a dive where it's not 100% mission critical.
Thanks for that. I set mine in tech and put my screens together and left it aloneother than adjusting my GFs for specific dives. My timer is looking at the clock or dive time and doing math. I'll never use mine in gauge mode though, no reason. Deco has its own timer. My depth and NDL alerts tell me what I need to know and I move on. I also don't dive anything near GUE so that really isn't on the radar. Tables are unnecessary when you have bubble models built into your DC that more accurately reflect what your body is going through.

I just don't understand needing a timer if you're staying in rec limits or lighter deco. Hanging for 10 min is accomplished with your tts or deco count down. I'd rather press fewer buttons than rely on a feature that requires I change screens and fiddle with it. Look, math, relax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom