Feb. 3rd - Boat dive to Lobos Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edited and move down.

Yeah I just looked at it on Chuck's site, thought it was going to be Point Lobos. Okay, I see the big differences and its in the name with Lobos Rock and Point Lobos. Never heard of Lobos Rock. Okay, well thank you everybody for pointing that out, no I'm not mad at anybody, just very sad and crying that this isn't a Point Lobos trip. Anyways, I think I'll go to bed now. Lets all forget this ever happened and tomorrow I'll be a couple hundred dollars richer. No Ben, I'm not sharing you with any, get an automatic divemoblie.

In otherwords, forget I was in this thread.

Roy, I have to agree with everyone that has already said something on the thread so far... It will be hard to gauge what the dives will be until we get there... it may be calm as a lake, or not. I didn't dive at Farnsworth Banks or the oil rigs until after I had 200 dives... in all types of conditions. Even then, wasn't so positive I was ready. Now, the double black diamond/advanced terminolgy is really only applicable on a day to day, maybe moment to moment, determination. With that being said, you probably aren't as ready for this dive as you think you are.

However, if conditions are looking to be on the rough side a few days before the dive, the boat will probably change dive locations to closer to Pt. Lobos... in which case, you and your buddies should join us... IF that happens.

I am really looking forward to this trip. I have been wanting to dive Garrapata for a while now.

As far as live boat drops with camera gear, it's not that hard. You still do a giant stride entry, and have someone lower your set-up to you. I've done that off the Oil Rigs, as well as witnessed Andy Salmon do it at the Rigs with both camera and video equipment. It's totally do-able, unless current is ripping, in which case camera gear most likely wouldn't be such a good thing to have anyhow.

As far as Frank not remembering our conversation... well, I'll give him a call tomorrow and update you all afterwards, k?

Three more days til I dive in Monterey! I scored last minute Pt. Lobos reservations for this Sunday, so Hopefully, I'll see you all then, k?

Ben and Chuck pretty much showed the location of this place which isn't Point Lobos but Lobos Rock, wherever that is. I'll just stick Monterey to Point Lobos which is as far as I will go. At least I got this Saturday Point Lobos trip to finish off for this month. You won't be hearing from me in this thread again. Sorry for creating one hell of a mess though. Was really hoping this was a Point Lobos trip where I can finally meet everybody. Well, I guess not.

Wish I could join you all, but I"m going to be out of town. I dove the Cypress for the first time this weekend. We did a 3 tank trip to Carmel and it was fantastic. Great boat, great crew and outstanding diving. I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time.

By the way, we did live boat drops/pickups for one dive and it was no problem having my camera rig passed down to me.

Scott, don't rub it in that you'll be in Bonaire! You butthead!!!! Have an awesome time, though, k??? :wink: :mooner: :D

As for me, I know I was the iniator of this post, but I have to put my drysuit into the shop for some repairs... it is leaking way too much! I got cold on my Anacapa dives this past Saturday because of the cold. SO not cool.... so maybe we can try Lobos rocks in March? I have March 17 reservations for Pt. Lobos. Anybody else??? We could try this dive on the 18th maybe? I'll call Frank...if not the Cypress sea, maybe the Silver Prince with LuvintheLife??? :10:

Ben_ca:
Good call Roy... no rush ya know....

Well I can't go anyway, I'm getting certify for advance OW on the Beach Hopper 2 this Feb 3 and 4 doing deep, nav, and night dive. But I'll probably see you and other people if you're going when waiting for the ship to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom