Female divers - BCD recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Dive Buddy-ettes tell me BP/W are easier on the Boobage & Abdomen compared to the straightjacket/corset-like Stabilizing Jacket BC. . .
03.gif

I love my Zeagle Stiletto, the men's version of the Lazer. I had originally been interested in the Lazer but my LDS told me they stopped selling it because apparently most of their female customers ended up going with the Stiletto. It fits me like a glove and is fairly easy to pack.

op, you're cavern certed, RIGHT? (if not, no cavern diving!!)

my choice was a bp/w, but i have a similarly shaped friend who loves her zena.

I love my Zeagle Zena! Do go to their site and and look at the dimensions of each section. With my weight and size of the "girls", I thought I wore a large (did not look at the measurements). After my third dive using it (was the first with hubby and several tech divers were also with us), everyone noted that it was really too large for me. I then went home and looked at their sizing charts. Lo and behold! I was between a Medium and Large. I live near Diver's Supply, so I took my Large and they ordered a Medium from one of their other locations. My Large was cinched up as far as possible on the torso and I could still fit a softball on each side. I also noticed that I was pretty close to the limit on how small I could adjust the waist and hips (Oh happy, happy, joy joy!). Now, it fits perfectly!

It is back inflate and I love it. Never had any problems with "face plants". Easy to pack as I can just unbuckle and arrange the sections to fit.

My gf dives a Halcyon Infinity and loves it! It packs very flat, even with the STA & cam bands on it.

She tried a friend's Zena that she liked a lot, but wouldn't trade her Halcyon for it - her words. Maybe because it's pink?

I'm a big fan of backplate setups with a simple harness for women. They are infinitely customizable for strap length, and leave the chest completely uncluttered. If you want something lightweight for travel, you can go with an aluminum or Kydex plate, or with something like the Halcyon Traveler, which is actually a very nice, lightweight setup, although more expensive than some other options.

aqualung pearl non i3. im selling mine for 400. its great bc very comfortable. ive had no issue with it while traveling.

You can select the torso size for the Zena that allows you to have enough volume and width (important) across your chest to fit properly, but you will probably also need to select the next size shorter/smaller shoulder component to go with it.
You do this because the bigger torso is also longer top to bottom in the front, and you still need to be able to shorten the shoulder straps to set down over your shoulders.

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I will go to some Zeagle auth dealers when I am in San Diego in November and try some on. I'll also check out the Aeris Lite. Then my choice will be on my Christmas list for Santa! Appreciate all your time!

Hi coyoteblonde,

I too have heard nothing but good stuff about the zeagle express tech, the deluxe version and please try and get the 35lbs wing instead of the standard 24lbs bladder:

You could also check out some of these other bcds:

Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe BCD with Zip Touch weight system

Hollis Ride Wing Travel BCD
Oxycheq Color Travel Plate & Wing with harness and cambands $357

then just add a few attachable weight pockets like this:
XS Scuba Single Weight Pocket

and a pouch like this:
Oxycheq pouch $22.40
Oxycheq X Pocket $40
Dive Rite Thigh Pocket with Daisy Chain $35

Cheers

Back