Females only please - men's speedos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I am not a fan of speedos at all. Even if you do have a kick @$$ body like Brad Pitt, Taye Diggs, Michael McConaghey or Channing Tatum. I do like the European style boxer brief type swimsuits on guys though. This probably corresponds with my anti-tighty-whitey underwear policy as well...Not to say I wouldn't look if Brad Pitt walked past me in a speedo : )

Also, this said, many sports require speedos. Perhaps a reason for guys to wear speedos diving is bc its easier to put a wetsuit over. My boyfriend wears regular style boardshorts and they get all lumpy under the wetsuit, so wearing a speedo makes sense. Not everyone has a great body. Period. Guys probably prefer not to see a 300lb chick in a bikini either. Let people wear what they want--and if they gross you out--look in a different direction.

Agreed. If we are on a dive boat wearing wetsuits, then by all means wear a Speedo or bike shorts or whatever is most comfortable and forget about what you look like. I wear men's Speedo boyshorts- they are not a banana hammock but cut like bike shorts- with a rash guard under my wetsuit. I want more coverage than just a bikini but hate one-piece swim suits. My body isn't all that great, after all, I've had a child. But I would rather be comfortable during my dive and I hope my buddy is comfortable as well. Diving isn't about looking good in one's wetsuit, it's about looking good with your trim and buoyancy, being safe, and having fun. Besides, NOBODY looks good climbing up the boat ladder with the inevitable snail trail down the side of the face when the mask comes off, regardless if you're wearing a Speedo or board shorts, whether you weigh 95lbs or 295lbs, or whatever. Who cares?

Who cares - your beauty lies between your ears.
My body isn't all that great,

speedo.jpg

Ok, I'm gay and this is reminding me of a Simpsons episode where Homer runs through the room in his underwear and either Patty or Selma says something to the effect of, "There go the last struggling threads of my heterosexuality." :rofl3:

Who cares - your beauty lies between your ears.

Swoon...

I find the American take on the speedo thing rather funny. I grew up in speedo land, brother was an Olympic swimmer. Sure, they all were made for speedos. And most of us are not.

But bodies come in all shapes and sizes and who cares what they wear as long as it is decent, comfortable, and functional. To me, what looks good is a person comfortable in their own skin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom