FF Brass Nut Size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McFishins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had my FF Pros since 1997 and finally got around to making the bungie upgrade. I had to destroy the brass barrel nuts to remove the old webbing straps, tho. Another thread mentions the screws are BHCS S/S 10-32x5/16, but I can't find data on the nuts. What size are these? Obviously a 10-32 thread, but length, diameter, etc.

It's a nut. Length is not important. There are all sorts of options from Stainless steel, to knobs and what ever you want to use.

Here's a knurled one, which is probably what you want.

1702140453259.png

10/32 bushing. We custom-make our brass bushings in Ventura, California. The cost just hit $ 3.00 per part. Removing Force Fin straps is a pain in the #####. But I can never forget my Jet fins straps breaking just as I would jump in. I decided that the Nylon straps and secure bushings would hold up for many years, and they have. About 20 years ago,
ad-forcefin006.jpg
we produced the first bungee strap for the US Navy.

10/32 bushing. We custom-make our brass bushings in Ventura, California.
They aren't hard to make. A #21 drill bit and a 10-32 tap, and you can make them out of anything you can drill.

They aren't hard to make. A #21 drill bit and a 10-32 tap, and you can make them out of anything you can drill.
Always up for some DIY but I'd need a mini-lathe to do it properly. Thank you for the links, tho!

10/32 bushing. We custom-make our brass bushings in Ventura, California. The cost just hit $ 3.00 per part. Removing Force Fin straps is a pain in the #####. But I can never forget my Jet fins straps breaking just as I would jump in. I decided that the Nylon straps and secure bushings would hold up for many years, and they have. About 20 years ago,View attachment 814897 we produced the first bungee strap for the US Navy.
Ah, that explains their scarcity! My webbing straps are still good 25 years later, just want to try out the bungees. I can order the hardware set from the site. $20 for ground shipping kind of makes the cost a little steep for 4 small parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom