FF Brass Nut Size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, that explains their scarcity! My webbing straps are still good 25 years later, just want to try out the bungees. I can order the hardware set from the site. $20 for ground shipping kind of makes the cost a little steep for 4 small parts.
Dear Friends, you have no idea about shipping costs climbing. UPS has lost a large shipment to Norway and has shipped the product back and forth to Europe 6 times now. At this point, it is lost and hours trying to get our insurance money back. Besides shipping overseas cost more than Force Fins. Crazy. So we have a discount code of 15% for Scubaboard friends, It's BETTERWET. Our brass parts are made by Welcome to Algeb CNC Machining and they just got a $6,000,00 order. We have ordered many parts to help reduce the price per part. Force Fin
ad-forcefin006.jpg

Have you tried your local ACE Hardware, Tractor Supply, or other places that sell hardware?
🐸

Mr Evans, I didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers… but a $3.00 part, even amortized by four of the same part, costing $20 to ship, seems a little much. I understand the difficulties at your end, but if I can drive to the local hardware and obtain four working bushings/nuts for $10 or less as opposed to three times that much, it adds up.

OTOH, i just shipped a $50 gun part via USPS for less than $10 including the 5X8 padded envelope, so I really don’t have much sympathy for high shipping costs on small parts. I sympathize with the need for small companies to show a profit, but not so much as to make it tempting for me to search out alternate sources.

Respectfully,
C Shaeff aka Green Frog 🐸

Ok, if running down to the local hardware store and finding a cheap (China-made part) would work, I would have done this years ago. Except we only use USA-made parts. . Bill Meistrell came up with the machined brass bushing in 1981, It works well and what you plan to use will not work and will not be covered under any warranty. I will say for the first year we never had straps on Force Fins. But when folks
47-close.jpg
started using in big surf and stopped kicking the Force Fins came off. In any regard, thanks for using Force Fins.

No wonder dive companies are going under. Our American bushings are the only thing I will recommend
I think back on the evolution of 35mm cameras....in the early years if it wasn't German it wasn't any good. The Japanese stuff was crap; now it is not, and is still cheaper. There has never been a US-made camera on the list.
Denigrating a brass bushing that might be made outside the US and is definitely cheaper is the height of narrowness and living in the past. If American is so good, why are the reliability rankings of automobiles dominated by other nations' automobiles? The first American car is #10 on the list.
I guess there is a reason that FF are more expensive than other fins.

I think back on the evolution of 35mm cameras....in the early years if it wasn't German it wasn't any good. The Japanese stuff was crap; now it is not, and is still cheaper. There has never been a US-made camera on the list.
Denigrating a brass bushing that might be made outside the US and is definitely cheaper is the height of narrowness and living in the past. If American is so good, why are the reliability rankings of automobiles dominated by other nations' automobiles? The first American car is #10 on the list.
I guess there is a reason that FF are more expensive than other fins.
I am lost with your response. I built by own camera housing in the early 1970's. Besides wanting to support the American worker, we have to comply with the Berry Amendment for US Military sales. Plus you can help these American made cars save fuel cost. Homepage | AeroHance Pods
be_topsidecamera.jpg.jpg

Ah, that explains their scarcity! My webbing straps are still good 25 years later, just want to try out the bungees. I can order the hardware set from the site. $20 for ground shipping kind of makes the cost a little steep for 4 small parts.

Are you talking about the Bungee Heel replacement kit? I saw USPS Priority Mail to me in NJ for $8.45 on the FF site. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom