Fiesta Americana Hotel...any thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...one last question before I book my hotel.

Out of these two choices: Fiesta Americana or Coral Princess, which is the best choice?

FA IMO. You will probably get houned for Time shares at Coral Princes since its a Time Share Facility. Also, if your diving, FA has easier access IMO since they have their own pier and if you choose, you can use their dive shop, Dive House.

We got a "deal" on a package and I thought it was fine...we ate at Guidos and places in town mostly. "Dive with Martin" picked us up at the dock at FA which was very convenient. I think for the price, it works. The people I was with wanted to take a house....they had a two year old and that was scarey to me. The houses were beautiful, etc but the meal thing...sharing a car etc just sounded dicey. As it were, taking a taxi whenever you felt like it was easy breezy, low stress. have fun!

Hemlon:
Ok...one last question before I book my hotel.

Out of these two choices: Fiesta Americana or Coral Princess, which is the best choice?

Between those two, Fiesta Americana. Coral Princess is north of town and I think there are maybe one or two dive operators that will pick you up. Pepe's SCUBA is at the Coral Princess and someone told me last week that Aquasafari picks up at condo piers north of town (don't know that for sure though, it's just what a condo owner told me). Staying anywhere south of town you'll have your pick of any op and they will pick you up and drop you at the FA pier. It's also a very short ride to most of best reefs and walls.

Well, I went ahead and booked Coral Princess because I got an awesome deal. Even though the dive ops don't all go north, one can always get a cab to meet the dive ops, right?

Hemlon:
Well, I went ahead and booked Coral Princess because I got an awesome deal. Even though the dive ops don't all go north, one can always get a cab to meet the dive ops, right?

Yes, you can, and it's not a big deal.

I think it's about $10 each way for a taxi from the Northern Hotel Zone to Caleta. If your boat will pick you up at the town pier (not sure if all will) then that will be around $5 or $6 each way.

Hemlon, I think Aldora will pick you up at the Coral Princess as they have to pick up at the Villa Aldora also north of town. I personally like staying north of town because taxis are only $3.50. I personally hated the Fiesta Americana, but everyone is different in their tastes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom