Fiji- diving, waterfalls, hiking- which Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue Diver68

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thinking of going to Fiji for our next adventure. Looking for great diving, low key, hiking and waterfalls. Hoping those who have been can give me some suggestions. No fancy accommodations needed.

Thanks!

hmmm. Tough one. I can comment on diving but not on the hiking or waterfalls.

IMO the best diving is out from Raki Raki in Bligh water. ( in the north on the mainland) We stayed at Wananavu resort when we dived here and it was fine. Very laid back, but still a 'resort' with a pool and bar etc.

We also dived from Savusavu (nice diving. We rented a villa rather than stay in a resort) We dived the White Wall from here, but it was a two and a half hour boat ride) We have also stayed on Ono Island at Mai dive resort, which is on an island south of the mainland. Very low key. Only 4 bures and good diving . I hear Taveuni island is good, but have never been.

I have dived at 18 resorts in Fiji. The second best diving is at Bligh passage from Voli Voli resort. They do a waterfall village / mountain trek day tour. There is not a lot to do for non divers. See index Fiji. The best is a live aboard diving Bligh, Taveuni, Wakaya and Namena.

Ono island is the go - has good diving, inside the barrier reef and outside the reef (Astrolabe Reef), you can snorkel with mantas, and has a waterfall trip where you hike to the falls and then get to swim in beautiful huge rock pool, lots of parrots about if you are into birds too. Very laid back place, simple accommodation, guitar and kava in the evenings after very good food (chef is professionally trained).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom