Fiji Resort recommendations anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
I have been to the taveuni area twice and I am going again later in the year.I can only tell you about this area as I have not been elsewhere in Fiji.The general concensus seems to be the best areas for diving are Taveuni Kandavu and the north coast of Viti Levu.
I looked at going to Kandavu but the resorts dont seem to get overly good reports and it is wind affected.
A lot of reports from the net and people that have been there suggest Beqa is great for shark dives but not so good other than that.
I love the diving around taveuni and Qamea and the two resorts I stayed at are amazing but may not be in your budget.Do a trip advisor check on Paradise resort and Qamea resort.The diving is mostly 5 to 10 minutes away from the resorts and not too many divers.
If you want sharks taveuni is probably not the place as there are usually only a few white tips although we did have one dive with 11 grey reef sharks.This time I am going to dive with Koro sun diving and they regularly dive with lots of large hammerheads.
I am sure you will have a great time wherever you go as the fijian people are awesome.
please note thet fiji is not the only place I have dived as I have dived Bali,Gili Islands,Mauritius,great barrier reef in oz and ningaloo reef in oz. I find fiji diving way better than these places.

Thanks a lot guys. Has anyone ever heard of Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat?

I've been to both: Wanavavu and Beqa.

Going to Fiji can be driven in part by budget. Tavenui and Matangi can be in the high range. We recently sent some folks to both Wananavu and Matava Eco and they enjoyed both locations. Have sent a few folks to Voli Violi as well and they enjoyed that. Some people schedule Voli Voli and the Fiji Siren for a land-liveaboard package. Some 7 night package examples that include R/T air from LAX:

All per person double diver occupancy, USD
Beqa - $2839
Garden Island - $2229
Matangi - $4245
Matava - $2785
Qamea - $4249

Wananavu and Volivoli are in the same area. Both can get you to some very good diving but the best dives are a long boat ride.

Bega resorts draw is the shark dive, which is GREAT. Other than that the diving is probably better from one of the other two and the Pacific Harbor area (where Bega is) gets sooooooooooooo much rain it is crazy.

---------- Post added July 17th, 2014 at 01:05 PM ----------

Matava is much harder to get to, has no beach, and the mosquitoes there are as bad as anyplace in Fiji I think.

You may want to look at going to Teveuni or Savusavu.

Beqa Lagoon Resort was GREAT........

I have been to beqa lagoon, paradise, and matangi. Matangi was the best, paradise a very close second, and beqa a far third. You could not pay me to return to beqa lagoon. The shark dive was incredible, but you do not need to stay at beqa lagoon to do the shark dive. Without a doubt I would do that shark dive again, amazing! There was wall diving around tavenui and we did not experience that at beqa. The vis was much better during our stay in April/May in the tavenui area. I thought paradise was not only very good, but great package pricing. If/when I return to Fiji I would go on a liveaboard, check the boats for specials. When you calculate lodging, diving, food and alcohol, not totally pricey.

My wifend I spent a few weeks in fiji last jan. We spent the first 10 days at Naigani Island resort. We both absolutely loved the place for its genuine Fijian atmosphere and incredible staff. They were fabulous and accomidated us in a welcoming way every moment. All the guests for very well satisfied and the diving was top notch with many local dives sites withing a 10-15 min boat ride away. They also had a house reef with unlimitted FREE shore dives. I took advantage of that but the boat dives were incredible too. Many amazing sites to explore.
We also went on to explore some other islands of Fiji to get a better experience of the location. We went to the Pearl resort in Beqa and thought he hotel was nicer it did not have the Fijian Hospitality we experiebced at Naigani and we truly did miss that. We also did the Shark dive with BAD and though it was a great experience we were not impressed with how it was run. it was rushed and my gear was thrown about and i also like to set up my own rig and wasnt allowed to. I should have been for assertive and insisted on doing it myself but didnt want to be "that guy".
We also traveled to a few other locations but by far we enjoyed the experience, hospitality, diving, location, and people of Naigani Island Beach Resort...
a

Wananavu was Great!! If you go to Bequa do the shark dive for sure!!! Can you say Tiger shark???

Back
Top Bottom