Fiji Resort Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're going on a cruise next August that starts in Long Beach and ends in Sydney. Rather than head right back, we want to spend a few days diving at one place. After checking airfare and flights, it seems that Fiji is the best place for us to do that. I sure would appreciate some recommendations for a nice resort with beach bungalows and good diving.

I highly recommend Nakia Resort on Taveuni. Check the reviews on Tripadvisor. We have been there twice and the reviews are very accurate. You will not find a better Eco resort or dive operation anywhere!

It depends on whether you want to take a puddle jumper or not.
Wananavu on Viti Levu is nice. Garden Island Resort on Taveuni is awesome.
Club Oceanus in Beqa is satisfactory and onsite with the dive op who does the shark dives.

A second vote for Wananavu. A long bus ride, but they have beachfront bures, excellent food, and the best diving on Viti Levu. Better than Beqa. They dive the Bligh waters, weather permitting.

I was at Wananavu Dec.2012, you will have an amazing time!! Hopefully Chris and Vicki still run the dive shop, they did a fantastic job when I was there!
Here are a few recommendations:
- Ask for Esa to be your dive master, he is the most relaxed, easy going dm, a pure joy to dive with! Ask him about Esa's Crack & tell him the Canadians say HI!!
-Ask to go to the following dive sites: Heartbreak Ridge, Black Magic Mountain (some current but well worth the effort when you see the "fish highway"), Mellow Yellow (stay on top of the pinnacle for your safety stop and watch all the different clown fish in the anemones!), and Potluck.
-Have the pizza for supper!!
-Ask for a beach front bure!

Have a fantastic wedding & holiday!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom