Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearingboy

Registered
Reaction score
I've read about the coral bleaching in Fiji. I've emailed folks and gotten varied responses so I'm not sure what to think. I'd like to hear from anyone with recent experience. Of specific interest to me is that wonderful Somosomo Strait...what a beautiful place...

Hi bearingboy,

I get regular reports on the Somosomo Strait. Depending on the site, look for 25%-30% coral bleaching. Nevertheless, marine life remains healthy & abundant. Most of the divers I've spoken with recently were a little disappointed, but said they wouldn't have changed their plans.

Hope this gets you started.

DocVikingo

When are you in Fiji?
I'm there in september after 3 months instructing in Korea and 4 - 6 weeks in Canada.I stop there for a week for diving
on my way back to New Zealand.
As to the bleaching,why not contact the Fiji Dive operators.
If you look up Tourism in Fiji you will find links to about 50 operators who you can contact direct.Also the hotels all have arrangements with local operators who can give you contact info aswell.The hotels are all on the same link.
Hope that helps.I'm going to be based around Nadi and treasure island myself.Yummmmy.If you have trouble then let me know and I'll find the link for you.
Chow from the Gasman.

Back
Top Bottom