fin selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jets or Turtle's
Both are great finns. The turtles fit the size in between the Jets. I have them and work great. My G/F Dives the Jets as she has a smaller foot.

I tried a lot of fins. I chose Apollo Bio Fins and love them. They have great power and just the right flex. I like that they are slightly negative buoyant which is good for dry suit diving. I bought them with spring straps which I highly recommend.

Before buying new fins make sure you know what boots you are going to wear with them. I where DUI rock boots and a lot of fins just don't fit.

Good diving.

Hello, I thought I'd throw my .02 in here. I started out using V-16 and quickly realized that I enjoy using a frog kick almost exclusively and was really having to work hard with the splits. I bought some Jets and also some old Rocket fins and liked both, however when I purchased my dry suit, found that the rock boots did not fit the foot pocket.

I found a LDS that carried the Hollis F1 fins and had taken a rock boot in with me expecting to need a XXL fin and was suprised to find that the boot fit the XL. (Size 11 rock boots) The fins also fit well with my wet-boots, not as snug as the rock boots but not sloppy either.

I realize these were not listed in the OP's choices but wanted to let you know my experience trying to find a good non-split fin.

scuba pro jets or twin jet max...ive used both and bought the jet max recently..theyre comfy and dont cram your foot. my ankles also felt alot better using them.

Now that they're available in my size, Lg, I love the Slipstreams. The Dive Rites are stiff and neutral in the water, but the Slipstreams are more compact and maneuverable. I'm using a frog kick most of the time--they might not work as well for the standard flutter.

the oms slipstreams are rather stiff compared to jetfins but they will definately give you some speed and control. these suckers are quick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom